Ride for autism

Sapphy

I think this is the right place to put this, if not I am sorry.

Date: Saturday, July 31, 2010

Time: 9:30am - 5:00pm

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/event.php?eid=111471168879907

The Ride will begin at A.D. Farrow Harley Davidson at Northstar in Sunbury Ohio,with registration beginning at 9:30 and first bikes out at 10:30 and end at Quaker Steak and Lube on Lyra Drive in Columbus Ohio...First Poker card drawn at registration area..

Just $10 per person..

The stops will be Recreation Unlimited in Ashley Ohio ( Poker Stop ) , then off to Waldo American Legion for a lunch stop ( Poker Stop ) a, then off to Cardington Ohio to the rider's choice of either Bibb's Sports Grill or Suz-EQ's Ice Cream, ( official Poker Stop is Bibb's ONLY ) , then off to Sunbury Ohio to the Fallen Heroes Memorial to pay our respects to those who have died for our rights to be riding in the first place,( not a Poker Stop..Optional stop ) then the final stop will be Quaker Steak and Lube in Columbus.( Final Poker Stop ) Maps will be provided the day of the event..A Google Map will be posted here shortly..And although there are multiple optional stops, Poker Cards stamps will be color coded to alleviate any problems or mistakes..

All of the proceeds from the ride will go to various autism charities including Autism Speaks, Lettuce Work,Recreation Unlimited, and the Autism Society of Ohio.. Possibly one other that I'm not permitted to use their name due to a bunch of legal junk, but they work wonders for children with autism..

This is the first ride of it's type in the Columbus area...The Cincinatti ride brought in close to 1000 bikes and raised over $32000...I think we have the know how and the people to beat that...

With Autism affecting 1 out of 110 children, and one in 70 boys, we have to do something...Central Ohio is leading the nation in research, treatment, education, therapies and the desire to help these kids and their families..

This is our chance to show all of Ohio, and the rest of the country, that nobody cares more about making a difference than the wonderful people right here in Central Ohio....

If you'd like to help, please send your information to me here or at boydsgoodyear@aol.com..You may also reach me on my cell at 614-580-7300..

PLEASE NOTE: Recreation Unlimited is a Smoke Free Facility !! Thank You !!

There will be music,best poker hand cash prize,raffles,a 50/50 drawings and possibly a few silent auction items once we arrive back at Quaker Steak around 4 pm..

Central Ohio has one of the largest networks of motorcyclist enthusiasts in the world, and by far the best autism related facilities,advocacy programs,educational programs and research programs in the country, and above all else we have the best people right here..

Whether you're a rider or not, you can still be a part of it.

Come out and have some fun...Make A Difference...

If you wish to send a donation, please make checks payable to :

Beat Autism Now

c/o Mike Hoover

7038 Northgate Way

Westerville Ohio 43082

Their 501c3 # is 26-1765966 for those who need it.

The route map will be posted shortly

Interested...

Interesting. Dunno how the Ape would fair in a parade situation.

As an adult with an ASD, I am averse to crowd situations...Get the route, leave a minute early and we could head the forward aprilia faction.

These rides are never much enjoyable which is why many will donate and then leave for you guys that have never done these things. The donation is what it's about. I even am friends with a 56 yr old Harley guy and he just donates because the rides KILL him he says. He's my type of Harley rider. :cool: