wtf iron pony / yamaha of columbus

Hoblick

UPDATE: The situation was resolved.

i see a bike i want there..

derek actually poiints me in its direction on tuesday..

i talk to a sales guy, i get a quote for the bike OTD and a quote on trade in for my VFR.. he gives me xxxx price on my bike completely stock no extras..

so i mull it over call them and say ok ill be down there wenesday to do the deal.

so last night i strip my bike down of all aftermarket stuff.. hard bags, new bars, sirius radio, seat, battery tender, powerlet, etc..

takes me a good 4 hours (after i got home at 3 am mind you)

get done at 7 am

get up at 9 am to be at pony at 10

the salesman i was working with yesterday pawns me off onto another guy, he looks my bike over, rides it, etc, then shoots me an offer $300 shy of what the other guy quoted

i walk away.. then i say you know what .. if he comes up $200 im only loosing $100 from what i was quoted.. then shit ill do it.

he gives me a big no, nothign i can do

so i load the bike up and head home

i stew a bit more and say fuck it ill loose $200 call him with another counter offer.. he declines yet again

i said fuck it again ok ill just take your offer. since i dont have time today, can i jsut drop a deposit off of $1500 and do the rest of the deal on friday

and then i get this..

"well the owner has a friend that is interested in the bike, so no i wont take a deposit"

i say ok well i guess ill just take the day off work and go get the damn thing..

ok well ill jsut come buy it now no deposit ill just do the deal now

well i dont know if the owner wants to sell it yet, he is waiting on his buddy to decide.

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

WTF Iron Pony way to jerk me around

i still want the bike... but now its principal to not buy it..

atleast im not taking there low ball offer on my bike thats for sure.

please someone explain how what they did is even remotely close to good business

Edited by Casper
Added update.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not right. (The way they treated you, that is.) :mad:

And just a couple weeks ago I was trying to tell people to buy there instead of online. I still will, but (assuming your description of events is accurate, and I've no reason to think it's not) that's not the way to treat a customer - return customer at that, not that it should make a difference.

With it being a buyer's market, you'd think that customer service would be a priority. I assume the sales folks work on commission, so if "sales guy A" worked with you previously it would be in his interest to work with you again, otherwise the time he spent with you was wasted.

that may be the case for me...

but i still want to bitch :D

absolutely - the age of customer service is going to come around again whether businesses are ready for it or not. The fact that you got hosed, and everyone in the area from their prime demographic will know about it in 24 hours means that they (and businesses in general) need to think long and hard about any decision to not put the customer first.

Hopefully they see this and try to rectify the situation, and good for them if they do, but if they don't we'll all know about it. And these days, the internet can make or break people overnight, it seems.

Just look at butter jesus....

if "sales guy A" worked with you previously it would be in his interest to work with you again, otherwise the time he spent with you was wasted.

I agree- you would think making a sale would be important. But I can also see where they would quote you a certain number for a bike without seeing the actual unit and come back with another figure once they get to see the condition of the bike.

....And these days, the internet can make or break people overnight, it seems.

Just look at butter jesus....

That was St. Aquarius that put the burn on Jesus, not teh interwebz...:D

Edited by jblosser
speling eror

i hope they know the little bullshit they pull gets around..

Get's around where? I mean, it's not like you're broadcasting it to, say 4000+ members of their target audience, somewhere.

Sucks to be the little guy Hoblick -- there's absolutely NOTHING you can do.

How much money are they asking for a used FJR1300? Does it have a warrantee? Do you have to trade in the VFR or are you willing to sell it on your own?

no warranty on the fjr..

id sell the vfr on my own, but it just made it easier to trade in

I agree- you would think making a sale would be important. But I can also see where they would quote you a certain number for a bike without seeing the actual unit and come back with another figure once they get to see the condition of the bike.

I'm going to take a wild stab here and say that the value should be higher after seeing this bike in person, based on what I've heard of it, and it's owner.

Get's around where? I mean, it's not like you're broadcasting it to, say 4000+ members of their target audience, somewhere.

Sucks to be the little guy Hoblick -- there's absolutely NOTHING you can do.

Nothing you can do, other than make the situation known, as you are doing. Will this stop me from shopping IP/YoC? No.. However, if I'm going to be buying a bike, I will be sure watch out, and get anything and everything in writing.