wtf iron pony / yamaha of columbus

Hoblick

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's a ticker

It's the knocking noise some of the 1st Gen (pre-2006) bikes get because of a misalignment of the exhaust valves. Check this article out: http://www.bestbits.org/ticking_overview.html.

It doesn't seem to be a common problem and it doesn't happen to 2nd Gen FJRs. Then again, 2nd Gen FJRs have their issues, too. Just PM me if you've got any questions about them; this thread is long enough already. :roll:

Hoblick i got a pony story for ya , last year i took moe (R1Raven) up there , he wanted to buy a brand new 09 r1 . He met with a sales guy whom i was told is not there anymore . The exhaust on the r1 was damaged in shipping so i asked him if they would come down a bit ( lol what a joke ) wouldnt drop a dime . So he tried to work a deal for a free helmet (big Fat NO) then i told moe that "well at least ya get another tee shirt " laughing at him . Sales guy says" big fat NO" where not the same company .

Make a long story short , They treated him pretty much like shit and i had to watch , but we where going to roar on the shore the next day so there was no looking around

Edited by skulls
spelling

I baught my bike at Suzuki/kaw dealer in Mount Vernon ohio . I am not sure if i just got lucky or they were having a shitty month and needed the sale but i raped them on my trade in $3400 for an 03 YZF 600r in bad shape and they even came down on the bike i wanted well below book . You should check them out , they have a shit load of inventory on used bikes

Sux you were treated poorly Hob. It'd ne nice to see them make things right with you. or at least attempt to make things right. I've yet to have a bad experience, always been treated great.

I'd talk to the owner or GM (preferably the owner). Or the first salesman. Not sure what scoot you're shopping for, but you may try Yamaha of Troy/ Southside in Dayton. Talk to Tim in sales. 937-294-1577. May be worth the drive.

Jeff

and not only is there a deposit on it, but there was a deposit on it yesterday, so they told me to come in even though it had a deposit already on it..

just doesnt make any sense

That's some major suckish customer 'service', Hob! Not limited to bikes, though. We're trying to find a new Odyssey for my wife, found a decent '06 at a dealer (mistake) called and he said, 'sure come on in and take it for a test drive!". The ad had a carfax link, which showed that the toolbag bait & switch artists had sold it two weeks ago!!

I'm actually working my boss about your bike, though. He's looking for a VFR after seeing mine every morning.

This thread confuses me, are the used bikes for sale at IP not owned by IP? Is IP selling these bikes "on behalf" of actual owners???

Never seen that before, I assumed a used bike thats for sale at a dealer was traded in and belongs to the dealer. :dunno:

This thread confuses me' date=' are the used bikes for sale at IP not owned by IP? Is IP selling these bikes "on behalf" of actual owners???

Never seen that before, I assumed a used bike thats for sale at a dealer was traded in and belongs to the dealer. :dunno:[/quote']

i'm guessing that the bikes are actually owned by Yamaha of Columbus which would probably be a different entity than Iron Pony

This thread confuses me' date=' are the used bikes for sale at IP not owned by IP? Is IP selling these bikes "on behalf" of actual owners???

Never seen that before, I assumed a used bike thats for sale at a dealer was traded in and belongs to the dealer. :dunno:[/quote']

^ i have seen this before, in some cases the owner is having the shop sell the bike on consignment, and then the shop gets a cut of the money.

Vista Kawasaki here in Kettering/Dayton has their own inventory, but there is always atleast 1 or 2 bikes they are selling for customers.

I baught my bike at Suzuki/kaw dealer in Mount Vernon ohio . I am not sure if i just got lucky or they were having a shitty month and needed the sale but i raped them on my trade in $3400 for an 03 YZF 600r in bad shape and they even came down on the bike i wanted well below book . You should check them out , they have a shit load of inventory on used bikes

I've heard nothing bad of Midohio in Mt. Vernon. I've been up there looking around a few times, and they've always been pretty cool to talk to.

^ i have seen this before, in some cases the owner is having the shop sell the bike on consignment, and then the shop gets a cut of the money.

This may be the case, for some of the used bikes.

i'm guessing that the bikes are actually owned by Yamaha of Columbus which would probably be a different entity than Iron Pony

I've always noticed a separation of IP and YoC.

update

after seeing this thread and thanks to moose sticking his neck out

i got a pm and a call yesterday as i was walking into work

so i went back down today

i worked with the original guy i talked to this time, kenny i believe

he was very cool to deal with

i test rode the bike, everything looked, worked, and sounded as it it should

he worked with me on the trade in value on my bike and we made a deal

and he even kicked in a $50 iron pony gift card on top of it.

they made the situation right

and im glad they did

im happy with the FJR!

update

and im glad they did

im happy with the FJR!

Soooo.... What's the explanation on the rest of it/Other person's deposit, etc?

update

and im glad they did

im happy with the FJR!

I'm glad to hear everything worked out.

update

and im glad they did

im happy with the FJR!

Hob- Glad we were able to make this deal right for you. It seems as though we had a bit of a communication break down on the FJR's status and unfortunately the deal proceeded before this was discovered. For that I am personally sorry. As with any business transaction there is always a potential for mistakes, thanks for the opportunity to make it right. Come back and see us, we appreciate your business.

Power of the internet. ..giving the consumers a voice never had before. Glad to hear it worked out and u got the bike and I'm glad IP made it good. Props to both.

Edited by 600ZZ4eb