Whos is the bike mechanics on this forum?

sbutcher

you are going to have an extremely hard time getting any parts for a rocketa especially that one. I couldn't get anything from anywhere for mine.

if it's the one like I had. I had a 2007 with the big diameter gold forks that look like they are nice but are junk. lol.

that bike was the biggest pile of poop I ever seen. everything made of rubber including all the hoses rotted away in 2 years. every bolt needed loctite which they didn't use, some of them even broke just by trying to thead them in (seat and tank etc)

and it leaked fuel because the float in the carb wasn't adjusted correctly from the factory.

even the rear brake locked up on me once. and this thing only had 15 miles on it when I got rid of it for $600. I had to give it away practically.

sorry to rip on your bike dude but it's a big pile of junk.

this is the one I had,

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.curtismall.net/scooters/products_pictures/roketa-db-27a-110cc-dirt-bike-320.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.curtismall.net/scooters/index.php%3FproductID%3D27&usg=__3uVGAD-ElCc0OJ6CTpe9mBxs42Q=&h=383&w=320&sz=51&hl=en&start=6&sig2=ZNAqnLSNPaWeTkc0laKoCw&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=zTLLPny7j-70WM:&tbnh=123&tbnw=103&prev=/images%3Fq%3D2007%2Broketa%2B200%2Bdirt%2Bbike%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26rls%3Dcom.microsoft:en-us%26tbs%3Disch:1&ei=U1gZTLmzC8H7nAfyxK2oCg

Edited by serpentracer

Who are Brian And Rob? :dunno:

Brian is a guy that does track days with us and races a bit and also dabbles in suspension.

Rob is a good friend of mine and owner of Minton Cycle. He's a Cobra dealer and full service shop.

Neither are members here though.

I found parts and they were cheap. There is a dealer in Mansfield and at www.roketa.com but you are correct on the bolts coming loose. He found the bike, paid $200 and we were able to fix everything our selves for about another $400.00. But someone just beat the crap out of the bike. We replace the whole exhaust, retapped the bolts for the exhaust where they mount on the motor, new carb and intake, and a few other things. It's a decent starter bike with him being in college, then he can afford a better bike later. At least he doesn't have any payments on it.

I know there junk, but for $200.00. It's something to ride.
Thx but I use superglue to hold it together.

You really dont have a clue do you? Those jokes were not directed toward you or your bike. They were toward another member and were funny you just missed it.

You really dont have a clue do you? Those jokes were not directed toward you or your bike. They were toward another member and were funny you just missed it.

I guess I didn't get it, I am a newbie on here and I don't know anyone yet.