Northeast group ride 7-31-10

Uncle Punk

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would avoid the boring straight, flat ride to Millersburg if I could so meeting us there isn't a problem. With that being said I have given my best guess of when we will be there but I am not committing to any timing other than when we pull out of the first meeting spot, we don't have time to make two meeting spots. After we get to the Marathon on 39 and everyone fuels up we are leaving so if it is anyone’s intention to meet up with us there be there no later than 9:10AM. You might have to wait for us but if you get there later than 9:30 you might miss us and still need to get gas for yourself.

I would expect to see several riders in full leathers.

Saturday is a go; we will be leaving the CircleK at 8:00 AM for the 450 mile loop.

The only thing that has changed in the weather report is that rain was added for 8:00 AM Sunday morning but the rest of the route is clear. I don't want to leave in the rain Sunday morning or delay the start time Sunday until the weather clears because that might put us in rain around the Marietta area or home after dark. I would rather take the chance of getting rained on during the ride back in Saturday night.

Ive been out of town for a week and just got back to Marietta tonight and decided to go on the Hospice poker run. I Just wanted to give you guys a heads up you may run into some traffic from a local poker run for the humane society here in Marietta that starts here at 11am. They dont have a route posted that I can find tonight and its too late to call. There is usually a large turn out for this, so it could interfere with your time line and or patience if your paths overlapp.

Its starting point is around the corner from your Marietta gas stop. Here is a couple of contact numbers and address if you want to try in morning sometime to find out there route.

Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 5108

319 Pike Street, Marietta, OH 45750-3324 (740) 374-9038

Juanita at (740) 373-9503 or Rhonda at (740) 373-7610

Also its been week and half since I was out 260 and they had just put gravel along side the fresh pavement and of course it was all over the road then. On 255 they were cleaning out the ditches in various spots and made a mess along the way and spraying tar on the road edge.

BTW the house trailer they were moving on the CSBA ride, I found out that is for the new 260 toll booth. Ohio riders get a discount, single pass $5 or $10 all day. Make checks payable to carman45750.

Hopefully you wont run into any interference and all is cleared up for you guys, have fun.

Oh great a rolling road block and an actual road block this should be interesting. Make sure everyone brings cash to pay the toll. I wouldn't be surprised if that trailer was still across 260 by the way it looked when we were down there.

Looks like the chances for rain along the route increased overnight. Sunday doesn't look any better. There is a big storm in Chicago headed our way but it might dissipate before it gets here.

I am still going to attempt this ride today. If I don't get out today I don't get to ride again for almost a month so I'm going to pack some rain gear now and go out any way.

the more Harley riders there are in one place the worse they behave.

+1...

Did a quick ride down that way yesterday. I didnt get down to 255 or 260. The other usuals were in good shape, save for 536 which "open to local traffic only".

Going to try to get out tomorrow if the weather holds.

Hope you guys have a good one today.

Sorry I missed the ride, my tire was just not safe enough for me.

I had no idea it was in that poor of shape, or I would not even attempted to ride down there.

Funny thing is I checked everything before I left, and I knew the tire would need changed after the ride, but I did not realize it only had 100 to 200 miles left before the cords came through, I have never had a tire go away that fast before.

The tire only had less than 2000 miles on it too, so I expected at least 500 - 1000 more miles out of them.

Oh well, I hated those tires anyway, now it is wearing some new and better tires.

I had to go to two different places before I could get the tires, so there was no way of catching up with you guys.

Maybe tomorrow, what is the plan?