Cripple's bike is DONE!

Bkizz

so they didn't really get into detail about the gripace, is that how you shift?

also that box above the left landing gear, looks like a storage compartment? is that right?

cool stuff though, and im happy that you are able to get back on the road again

He uses gripace but I don't. I have an electric shift solenoid mounted in front of the rear tire inside the swing arm. This shifter is hooked up to the shift lever and I shift up and down with 2 buttons beside my left hand grip. I control the landing gear with a switch built into the right hand control just under the kill switch.

For the time being, I only use my front brake but I am looking into a proportioning valve that will allow me to apply both front and rear brakes with the handle bar brake lever.

The thing on the left side is a linear actuator. It it what raises and lowers the landing gear.

Thanks to everyone who supports me. I just found out my dad practically shit his pants when my sister told him I was riding again. He's ok with it now...I just have a lot of people who think I am stupid. Maybe I am but it's what I love to do and I found a way to still do it.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He uses gripace but I don't. I have an electric shift solenoid mounted in front of the rear tire inside the swing arm. This shifter is hooked up to the shift lever and I shift up and down with 2 buttons beside my left hand grip. I control the landing gear with a switch built into the right hand control just under the kill switch.

For the time being, I only use my front brake but I am looking into a proportioning valve that will allow me to apply both front and rear brakes with the handle bar brake lever.

The thing on the left side is a linear actuator. It it what raises and lowers the landing gear.

Thanks to everyone who supports me. I just found out my dad practically shit his pants when my sister told him I was riding again. He's ok with it now...I just have a lot of people who think I am stupid. Maybe I am but it's what I love to do and I found a way to still do it.

I wonder how hard it would be to get a XX brake setup on your bike. They came stock with linked brakes. :dunno:

I really need to read these forums more actively...I was sitting around all day today doing nothing. I wish I had known, I woulda been out there for sure! Glad to see you're back on the road man. Shoot me a text if you ever want to go riding; doesn't really matter where.

That is beyond awesome, and I am very happy for you to be in the wind again! And for anyone who might think as much, you are anything but stupid. You are out living again rather than sitting in a chair while time just ticks away. And mad props to all the folks there that have helped him out. That is proof of what this board is really all about.

I wonder how hard it would be to get a XX brake setup on your bike. They came stock with linked brakes. :dunno:

That was my original thought...find a bike that already came with linked brakes and pull the master cylinder off that. Buuut, that may be big bucks to go that route.

ever look into stunter brake setup for your rear brake setup?

i believe its a thumb trigger to operate your rear brake

Yea, I thought about the rear thumb brake but throwing another lever into the mix is a pain in the ass. The guy who makes this kit added a thumb brake for the rear and he said he never uses it b/c the front does the work and it's to much to think about.

I really need to read these forums more actively...I was sitting around all day today doing nothing. I wish I had known, I woulda been out there for sure! Glad to see you're back on the road man. Shoot me a text if you ever want to go riding; doesn't really matter where.

I definitely will but I got a new phone and lost your #. Shoot me a PM and give it to me again.

And mad props to all the folks there that have helped him out. That is proof of what this board is really all about.

+1,000,000! I have had more support here than anywhere else. A HUGE THANKS GOES OUT TO EVERYONE OF YOU! You guys stepped up and helped me when I needed help. I posted a "need help" thread yesterday and 45 minutes later I had two guys standing in my garage. How cool is that? Right before my benefit ride in June, I had John Mathis, Jeff (cheech), and Aaron (welder) up until almost 2am to make sure I was able to ride the next day. Tim (tinytim) helped me figure out how to run the landing gear off of 3 relays so I could use the trick mini-switch in the handle bar instead of that big janky switch. God knows I never could have figured that out on my own.

Not to mention, you guys FUNDED the shifter a few months back! That thing was $680 bucks and was bought with your donations.

I never could have done this without help. I'm surprised my girlfriend has put up with me being in the garage every evening and weekend for the last month. Thanks thanks and more thanks.

Sorry I couldn't make it Saturday Bkizz. Keep me on the list for any future needs/riding partner stuff.

And yes Keep doing what you do. Fuk the haters!!!

Sorry I couldn't make it Saturday Bkizz. Keep me on the list for any future needs/riding partner stuff.

And yes Keep doing what you do. Fuk the haters!!!

Keep everyone in the loop, I know I would love to make it out and ride with you sometime!

+1,000,000! I have had more support here than anywhere else. A HUGE THANKS GOES OUT TO EVERYONE OF YOU! You guys stepped up and helped me when I needed help. I posted a "need help" thread yesterday and 45 minutes later I had two guys standing in my garage. How cool is that? Right before my benefit ride in June, I had John Mathis, Jeff (cheech), and Aaron (welder) up until almost 2am to make sure I was able to ride the next day. Tim (tinytim) helped me figure out how to run the landing gear off of 3 relays so I could use the trick mini-switch in the handle bar instead of that big janky switch. God knows I never could have figured that out on my own.

Not to mention, you guys FUNDED the shifter a few months back! That thing was $680 bucks and was bought with your donations.

I never could have done this without help. I'm surprised my girlfriend has put up with me being in the garage every evening and weekend for the last month. Thanks thanks and more thanks.

Good to finally see it in one piece. Can't wait to have you lead us out for QSL.