Did You Hear A Lot of This Too?

Looney

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're ghey. I heart Iron Pony :bigfinger:

What does MidgetTodd's midget gheyness have to do with liking IP?

I heart IP for the closeouts, and to look at stuff. Many times, I have the "need" for the instant gratification, and buy stuff there. I have too many IP "freebie" t-shirts.

What does MidgetTodd's midget gheyness have to do with liking IP?

I heart IP for the closeouts, and to look at stuff. Many times, I have the "need" for the instant gratification, and buy stuff there. I have too many IP "freebie" t-shirts.

His gheyness doesn't need to relate to any topic whatsoever for it to be relevant to the point at hand :lol:

:wtf: So I did miss lots of drama last night. Oh boy.

Actually, from what I remember from last year, the drama was 90% of the bikes starting up and leaving as soon as the drawing was done. And the resulting wrecks, traffic jams, confusion, etc...

Guessing 90% of the bike riders are amateurs, and best to stay out of their way.

Actually, from what I remember from last year, the drama was 90% of the bikes starting up and leaving as soon as the drawing was done. And the resulting wrecks, traffic jams, confusion, etc...

Guessing 90% of the bike riders are amateurs, and best to stay out of their way.

That's why I waited around for "those riders" to get out of the way. It was a nice night ride home, even though I'm not much of a fan of nighttime riding, with the deer and all out my way.

Well, I can't say anything, as it seems they didn't have any rules against it. I think it would have just been right for him to say "no thanks, give someone else a chance" but he didn't, it's over, and I'm lees of a fan of IP now. Seriously, the onlky things I get from there are when I have to have it right away, or closeouts. The closeouts are priced closer the where a lot of the prices shoud be, instead of the MSRP that they put on everything. Most places knock a bit off MSRP, but not IP.

/rant

Ok, here's the drill... Their closeouts aren't priced where normal stuff should be. Are you freakin serious?? Where have you found a new AStar one piece suit for $300? Give me a break... Where have you found a brand new Fox V3 helmet for $39.99?

As for the MSRP on things in the store, what you don't get is that EVERY God damn internet company alive has to abide by what they call a MAP policy or RSA. These are agreements that state if advertising a certain product whether internet site, catalog, newspaper, national magazine, etc., they have to advertise retail price or the ad will be pulled and they can essentially have that brand removed from their store.

Now, can they sell it for whatever they want within their own store? Yes. But, I will sit here and challenge you to find any CURRENT Fox, AStar, Thor, Oakley, Shoei, Icon, Sidi, etc. to be advertised on the internet for less money. Now, that excludes the Dennis Kirk $1 less than any advertised price BS...

The point is that you are clueless when it comes to internet shopping. Tires? Sure. Certain other items? Sure. But, the traditional stuff that is popular and most common in most shops and on the internet are advertised at the same damn price UNLESS it is non current product.

So, focus on whatever else you want, but I get freakin sick and tired of hearing how shops around Ohio rip people off because they try and make money. I get tired of hearing that you can get a better deal on the internet vs. a local shop when in fact, outside tires and a few other items, you cannot. Then guys bitch even at the tire deals when they gotta pay decent money to get them mounted at another shop they didn't buy them at. And, in fact, the tire deals at Pony are really good and when you weigh shipping, getting them mounted, having to wait a few days, etc., Pony's deals and other local shops and companies (And site sponsors) are actually better...

Support local. Whether you are CBus, Cincy, Cleveland, etc. Support local or they will go bye-bye.

Rant over.

Bike like your's would be a good reason NOT to keep it! :lol:

I'm just not much of a yami fan.

You know I wasn't feelin much yamaha love in this thread ;), on a completely different subject,

I just turned over 8K on my FZ6R this past weekend!

Support local. Whether you are CBus, Cincy, Cleveland, etc. Support local or they will go bye-bye.

Rant over.

I'm not going to argue any of this, I have a slight idea of MAP pricing, etc. I don't know the official in's and out's of it, but I kow some companies won't let a place advertise their products below a certain price, etc...

I'm just saying that IP isn't as good of a deal as I have been "conditioned" if you will, to believe they are. That may have just been my misconception. I guess that being a superstore, and the volume of business they do, I thought they'd have better prices than they do. :dunno: I have still spent more than a couple paychecks there, and have the IP t-shirt selection to prove it.

I CAN get stuff for a LOT cheaper (through a friend that owns a bike shop) but I still buy quite a bit from IP, due to the "need (or want) it now" factor. I DO try to find what I want on closeout (riding gear) to save some $$$.

wow! looks like this is one bike night i shoulda made it to. Suspence, drama, anger. sounds better than a movie.

Shallowtail was about the only thing worth seeing. I had forgotten why I refuse to do bike nights. Too many squids and drunks on Hardley's :nono:

Shallowtail was about the only thing worth seeing. I had forgotten why I refuse to do bike nights. Too many squids and drunks on Hardley's :nono:

There were a few nice bikes there. Many of them had cylinders that are bigger than my bike's engine displaces. :(

There were a few nice bikes there. Many of them had cylinders that are bigger than my bike's engine displaces. :(

Yeah, alot of bikes that are only ridden to and from bike night. Me and the more evil Sam watched a dude on a Harley as he was getting ready to leave. We started counting how many times he piped it before leaving. Stopped counting at 20 :nono:

Yeah, alot of bikes that are only ridden to and from bike night. Me and the more evil Sam watched a dude on a Harley as he was getting ready to leave. We started counting how many times he piped it before leaving. Stopped counting at 20 :nono:

I couldn't hear him over my pipes.

About the bikes that are bike night queens, that's exactly what I was saying about them today when telling people about them. I'm a bit too practical for that stuff. A bike is meant to be ridden.