Knives! What do you have?

chevysoldier

I figured this was better placed in the firearms section. I want to know what you carry, what you have and what you want. I'll start.

I used to carry this but has seen a lot of abuse in Iraq and the army. The blade needs some serious work. CRKT M16

med_1222750553-CRKT_M16-14T_01.jpg

Bought this in Iraq as well. Gerber Guardian Back-up.

Gerber%20Guardian%20Back%20up%20black%20blade.jpg

Carried one of these in Iraq, now it is just a backup knife at the house and camping knife. KA-BAR.

31yTOH9D5PL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

This I always wore while I was in the army, now it serves more as a camping tool or when I think I may need a multi-tool while I am out and about. Leatherman Wave.

knife-leatherman-wave.jpg

I really want to pick one of these up. Benchmade 3550SBK Auto opener. For sale (from stores/dealers) to military and law enforcement. Heavy duty and high quality.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTXem08IN4M0Eo09Y17DmghPNCiX2kAze3egJl8ewjTT9x3sGU&t=1&usg=__bZp2_g8Anh6YYB9pDLKZN35Zfrw=

Edited by chevysoldier

I carry a Benchmade 5000sbk, it's one of their auto knives, same one you can get issued from the Army if you're really cool with your supply NCO. Carried both it and one of the next gen KA-BARs in Iraq, only the KA-BAR in Afghanistan. Both very nice and durable knives. The Benchmade does need some work though. Then there's the assortment of odds and ends folding and fixed blade knives, too many to list here but my favorite beside the Benchmade and the KA-BAR would have to be the SOG Seal Pup, it's well balanced and it has kind of a uniquely shaped blade.

***EDIT: re-read OP, I have the mini Leatherman with me most all the time.

I really want to pick one of these up. Benchmade 3550SBK Auto opener. For sale (from stores/dealers) to military and law enforcement. Heavy duty and high quality.

I know you're military, but auto knives can also be sold to "collectors", ;) if one is not military or LEO... Laws vary by state. I believe you're allowed to own an auto knife in Ohio, regardless of your currrent or former profession, you just can't sell one. Go figure. I could give you mine, and then sell you my half-eaten sammich for $300...

I have the Benchmade 3300 Infidel, auto, otf, stainless. Next time we're going to be at the same place I'll bring it along and let you fondle it, see if you like it.

Ginsu - $19.95 - but wait, also choice of garden weasel or flowbee included.

+1 on the Ginsu! Have 3 - one in the barn, one in the garage, and one in the kitchen. Cut through whatever you want, stay as sharp as the day I got them.

Also have various assorted pocket knives, a mini Leatherman, and a fixed blade I saw at Harbor Freight for $9; conceals matches, sewing kit, fishing line & hook, safety pins, buttons in the handle, and has a compass.

Edited by jblosser

I have too many knives to mention... swords too... and I carry at least 3 at all times... my favs are the s&w spec ops, and my two handed sword.... I love blades... frost cutlery are prob my most unique with the multi colored handles and different blade cuts... the best stuff i have found at smokey mtn knife works... in tennessee. awesome place i could spend days and tons of cash there..

My SOG Desert Dagger is by far the best knife I've owned. It's been used extensively. When i seperated i had it cleaned polished and honed.

2a97dad6.jpg

Nowadays I carry one of a couple Smith & Wessons.

The SW SWAT (automatic) is the one I about cut my thumb off with. The other one i just picked up is a SW HRT (I think) in something called Titamium camo.

Edited by jagr

I have a bunch of pocket knives to many to list. Some are frost, and a few decent ones kershaws. The one I have been using most lately is a leatherman with a blade one phillips head and one straight screwdriver blade. with a flip up hook on the back.

I have a few hunting knifes for skinning. http://www.leatherman.com/product/c304/c305