Has anybody actually sold a motorcycle lately?

TSB67

i dont advise this....

i have experience with showing up with expensive shit and not telling her until its too late.... doesnt go over well

but i guess in the end, she got over it - and now i have my truck...so on that note, go for it!

just hope you have a comfy couch

this is why I'm single or don't keep a girl for more than a few months. I don't tolerate them trying to control me and my money or penalizing me for things I purchase with my money

ok I'll end my rant there

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had mine listed for a while and nobody had the cash. Ended up doing an even trade which worked out well, but now I hear the other guy just got an audit form from the state because we listed the sale price as $0 on the registration paperwork. (Well we're not lying!) It's probably only a matter of time before I get one too.

I'm having a hard enough time selling leathers and tires, I'm not even going to try to sell a bike for a while.

I've gotten those audits from the state a few times. I basically tell them to F off in the nicest way possible. They basically want to know the value of each vehicle so if your in contact with the guy just put down the same amount. I've never got a second letter bothering me.

I haven't had any serious bites. I have an 06 Rm450z up that I started at $3200 and just reposted for $2800. I've gotten trade offers on it but no offers to buy.

I also have had my 2007 Kawasaki z1000 up since mid July that I started at $5500 which is $300 below book. I then went to $5200 and now I'm down to $4800 as of Weds. without any bites. I bought it for $5500 in June and then my buddy had to go buy a new Speed triple so I want one!! I'd be happy to take a $1000 hit from my original purchase price and get $4500 out of it. That way if I can sell it and my dirt bike I could buy a used 1050 Speed triple!!

• 2 weeks later...

Once my wife and I get settled down from the move here, i'll be looking to buy a couple of bikes to add to the collection. I agree, people on CL have their prices way too high when there are about 50-100 new posts a day.

People are always buying as much as people are selling. That is the reality. With that being said, sometimes concessions have to be made to make deals happen during different parts of the year, but that is just part of it.

I don't buy bikes from retards. If you cannot spell simple words correctly, what are the odds that you took care of your bike. For Example:

LITE SCRACHES AND A DENT IN THE TANK,OTHER THEN THAT THIS BIKE IS IN GREAT SHAPE. I HAVE OVER 6000 DOLLERS INVESTED IN THIS BIKE MY LOSS IS YOUR GAIN. THIS BIKE IS VERRY FAST &COMFORTABLE TO RIDE.THE OIL HAS BIN CHANGED EVERY 1000 MI. NEED TO SELL ,NEED MONEY FOR A CAR. WILLING TO TRADE FOR A NICE CAR LIKE A CHRYSLER 300 WITH LOW MILES

NEW AVON TIRES THAT COST ME $400.00

FENDER ELEMANATER

Seriously? Why would I want a fender ELEMANATER.

Is it just me?

I have mixed feelings about the accessibility of CL to some people. It has become cluttered and full of a lot of crap that people must wade through to find what they want.

no i usually avoid ones that seem very incompetent too. A word or 2 ok, but when you sound like a nigerian prince...no thanks

I.have my 07 gsxr listed on CL for $3700 thats almost 2 grand below kbb. Got a few nibble but everyone seems to be waiting for their money...I don't even want to sell it but I needs transmission work and.want a track bike.

Is that bike damaged in any way? If you're selling a clean 07 for $3700, I'm giving up the idea of selling mine completely. Hell, I'm tempted to buy yours too.

That would work if I dint have 4 kids there's a reason I own a suburban lol

I still can't believe this deal. I keep telling anyone I know about this but nobody is even remotely interested. On second thought, I'll whore out the coshocton guys for a little bit and be buying that soon. Some say their hands are as soft as sheepskin...