Best shows:

Rush (many times)

Live

U2

Clapton

BB King

Worst shows:

Tool (love the band, but the live show was annoying, Maynard

stood with his back to the audience the entire time)

Phish (seen them a few times before anyone knew who they were, free

shows, I grew up where they came up)

Hard to say the best but I can easily say the worst were -

Incubus/Deftones- Incubus who opened for them at the Shott were great.. but Deftones were HORRIBLE.

Oh, Sarah McClachlan was bad just because I'm not into that type of music in long concert-format and it cost me over $50 for the ticket. I had a friend guilt me into going with her. Gah! Again, while I enjoy some Sarah songs... I'm not one to listen to her for hours straight.

Okay.. just thought of some of the best- CLUTCH @ the Newport was pretty awesome. Anytime I see The Reverend Horton Heat he never fails to be awesome. I think I base my 'best' on musical talent and less on stage theatrics and special fx.

man fuck that, i woulda just left.

nickelback is the worst band in the history of the universe.

sadly I've been to 3 Nickelback shows they headlined due to the opening acts :nono:

1 I left before they came on, 1 we left halfway through the set and the last I was forced to stay because the girlfriend at the time wanted to stay

I am pretty sure that gave you very valid reasons for a break up. I would have just left any ways. I am all for watching a boy friend suffer every now and then but nickle back is just cruel and unusual punishment

sometimes I can be a nice guy, I'd much rather sit through Nickelback than getting dragged to some dumb ass boy band or justin bieber or shit like that. This was my compromise...as well as road head while stuck in the fucking traffic to leave Blossom

The best concert I've ever been to was Three Days Grace, Seether and Breaking Benjamin at the Erie civic center.

Some other really good ones:

Shinedown and Saliva at the House of Blues

Shinedown/Chevelle/Sevendust a few weeks ago

Three Days Grace/Chevelle in 03

Linkin Park/Korn/Snoop Dogg at the first Projekt Revolution

Metallica at the Q last year

Journey at the Schott

Worst:

Crue Fest in 09 (Especially Godsmack, which was really disappointing)

Any Warped Tour

The best show that I have ever seen was the Scorpions in about 1988 at the Toledo Sports Arena. There is a tie for the worst, and they are Jackyl and Megadeath. I love Megadeath, but the sound sucked at Buckeye Lake in the late 80's.

I've seen Tesla maybe 5 times and I saw Metallica the same number, but that was back when they used to rock (before people get all "your a douche bag" on me, I understand that the new album is badass, I just haven't heard it. There have been several others, I just can't remember them all.

Can't say that I've ever been to a truly "bad" concert. Even won tix to a Barry Manilow concert @ Savage Hall, & once you get over the stigma.... He's actually a hell of a showmen & VERY interactive with the audience. Crosby & Nash 2 years ago was a bit disappointing in the fact that they didn't do certain songs (Ohio for instance) & that they turned it into a stinkin' Obama rally :rolleyes: They still sounded great musically & lyrically though

Far & away the best EVER was U2 Achtung Baby tour at the Palace in '92, with the Pixies opening for them! More of a spectacle than a mere concert... It was absolutely insane! My buddy & I lucked into 6th row seats, after camping out overnight in a February snowstorm to get bracelets! They had old school mini Coopers hanging from the ceiling, with one of them done up like a disco ball, & that's the one the DJ was set up in... Mixin' tunes from the rafters.

Pixies were awesome... Drinkin' Heiney's on stage. LOVE "Wave of Mutilation/UK Surf"! U2 was PHENOMENAL! This was the tour they had the banks of TV's on the stage & would endlessly surf satellite signals. Edge gave his guitar to some guy out of the audience & let the guy go up & play with the band. Bono was scrolling through the satellite banks on stage & saw a pizza commercial for a local shop. He asks for a stage phone, calls the number, & ordered like a 100 pies, & they were delivered a bit later in huge stacks. Bono & the band started tossing some of them out to the crowd. I walked out with some cute girl afterward, arm in arm, singing a duet of "One". One of the Top 10 Best Nights of my life... EVAR!! :D

My son & I were all set to go to their Lansing show back on June 30th, but Bono had emergency back surgery, & it's been rescheduled for next June now :(

Rolling Stones Steel Wheel tour @ the Pontiac Silver Dome in '89 was pretty good too. Mick's ever the showmen! Couple HUGE blowup dolls on each side of the stage... Like 20' high. I think during "Brown Sugar", he goes over & grabs the strings of the one's arms, & starts pulling them up & down so she's rubbing her crotch. At one point.... Whole stadium goes black for few minutes during an interlude. You wonder WTH's goin' on... Then they start playin' the opening chords of "Sympathy for the Devil". Suddenly a spotlight points up at the very peak of the ceiling, like a 100' up, & there's Mick dressed in sparkling red, starting the song!!

The worst concert would be Bryan Adams with Survivor as the opening act at the Toledo Sports Arena '85 or '86.

I'm pretty sure some of my friends went to that concert too. Was in June, if it was '85, wasn't it?

Edited by Fonzie

Super titties:

System of a down - right after Toxicity dropped, Serj played one song then told everyone in the back to rush the front seats at Polaris Amphitheater because the people up front weren't making enough of a scene.

Sevendust and Nonpoint - best combo ever, it doesn't need much more explanation.

The best show that I have ever seen was the Scorpions in about 1988 at the Toledo Sports Arena.

I was at that show. Kingdom Come opened for them. I was working on a job in Mansfield and drove back to Toledo to see the show and then back to Mansfield. Just about killed myself falling asleep driving back, Should have stayed at my apartment. I think this was a week after Def Leppard and Queensryche or vise verse.

A few more to add to the good list and 1 to the bad

Good:

Clapton - 2 or the last 3 times in Columbus

Peter Gabriel

Beastie Boys - License to Ill tour ( tour where they were banned in just about every city they played in. Fishbone opened. Outstanding show that was completely over the top.)

Bad:

Gun's n' Roses at Nationwide (Axel did his typical BS and didn't take the stage until 11:15. He and the band sounded like shit. Most of the crowd had left.)

Super titties:

System of a down - right after Toxicity dropped, Serj played one song then told everyone in the back to rush the front seats at Polaris Amphitheater because the people up front weren't making enough of a scene.

Sevendust and Nonpoint - best combo ever, it doesn't need much more explanation.

Nonpoint is going to be at mcguffys sept. 10th! And I will not be here!!!!! :cry:

Loudest concert I've ever been to....

Ted Nugent w/ Jackyl opening, @ Toledo Sports Arena.... 1990 or '91 IIRC

Between how loud it was, Jackyl with that chainsaw, & Nuge bowhunting from the rafters at his target deer on stage, it was a pretty wild show

My ears were literally ringing for 3 days after. I was beginning to worry I had permanent hearing damage!! :lol:

Farm Aid a few years ago was pretty awesome. Willie and Neil Young did a whole set together.

Mellencamp sucked balls and basically got booed off stage. Kept bagging on Bush. Turns out farmers liked Bush. Who knew. haha. Musicians should never be political. It always makes them sound retarded.

I've seen Willie Nelson several times. Always a great show.

If you are at all interested in real country music (not this twangy, cliche filled pop shit that is currently touted as country) do yourself a favor and see him before he dies.

Edited by max power

All of the ones I have seen so far have been pretty good: HIM @ The Electric Factory in Philly, Dinosaur Jr. @ the Newport, Fuel/Oleander/3 Doors Down @ Marietta College (Fuel was awesome live), Shooter Jennings @ the Newport, STP @ Cleveland... I could go on and on.