Motorcycle Museum Open House - Saturday, Sept. 11

Casper

http://motorcyclemuseum.org/news/story.asp?id=2169

It's free, fyi. Lots of vendors, door prizes, etc.

Mark your calendars for Saturday, Sept. 11, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. That's when the AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame in Pickerington, Ohio, will open its doors to all visitors for a free day of family fun, community spirit and motorcycles, motorcycles, motorcycles!

The AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame Open House will start with free admission to the facility, viewing the newly dedicated exhibitions: the AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame Gallery, Dirt-Track! All-American Racing, and 30-Year Ride: Honda’s Ohio-Made Motorcycles featuring motorcycles made right here in Ohio. The day will include something for everyone: vendors, food, fun for kids, motorcycles and more.

Also on location will be 88 Keys, a local music school that is setting up for kid bands to play music throughout the day.

Companies interested in vending can contact Renee Bock at rbock@ama-cycle.org or by phone at (614) 856-2222, ext. 1293.

Join the fun at the open house and help out your neighbors at the same time. Bring in your non-perishable food items to support the Food Pantry of Pickerington.

Pickerington’s American Legion Hall Post #283 will be here at 11:00 AM to raise the flag in remembrance of 9/11.

And take the time to put your name in the hat for a fabulous Hall of Fame door prize, or get your tickets for the 2011 raffle bikes -- one winner will claim a 2010 Kawasaki Z1000 muscle bike and a perfectly restored 1973 Kawasaki Z1! The winning ticket for these bikes will be awarded next year at AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days.

"The idea is to open our doors to the community we call home, kick back and enjoy the day,” says Museum Operations Manager Katy Wood. “Whether you ride or just think motorcycles are cool, we’re looking forward to welcoming everyone to this great destination in their own backyard. With a full slate of activities -- and the world-class AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame at the center of it all -- you'll find plenty to like. Plus, you can't beat the price!"

Make plans now, and see you in September.

For those planning on coming to my house to watch the OSU/Miami game, I'm planning on doing this before hand. It's right down the street from my house.

I don't think I'm gonna do it. Gotta drive to drop my kid of, drive back, get the bike, go to the start point, do the ride, ride home, get the car, pick up kid and drive home. All that for a ride through Columbus isn't worth it. Figured I'd have some daddy/daughter time at the AMA.