Have you ever hit an animal on your motorcycle?

Casper

Have you ever hit an animal on your motorcycle?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever hit an animal on your motorcycle?

• Yes
    • No

I remember our group ride awhile back where you (Ben) got tagged pretty good by a bird. That same day I ran through some rotting carcass, my bike smelled nice after that.

Are you talking about the charlie-horse day? I think I cried. :lol:

I hit a rabbit; I think it was a suicide. That thing bolted across the street, and budump, right over it.

I've had many close calls with deer. I hate when they stop and stare at me on the side of the road as I'm sitting there waiting for them to finally bolt away. I just lay on the horn until they are out of sight.

One time a deer crossed the road in front of me, and into the ditch and I figured it was staying there, but it decided to bolt at my car once I started to go again. It was killed from the impact. My car hood launched it.

Not really, lots of close calls. Unless you want to count that really weird ride down the mountain that ran over thousands of snails, cockroaches and frogs.

edit: wait.. I've had birds fly into the side of the front wheel. Didn't go well for them...

Edited by ReconRat

I came close to getting a squirrel in Indy on Sunday morning. Looked to my left to check for cars prior to lane change, when I look back in my lane there is a squirrel doing his best John Belushi impression, on the steps going into the deans office, about 5 feet in front of. I thought I had him but I just missed according to my buddy I was ridding with. I laughed the rest of the way to the track with vision of those beady eyes all bugged out and dancing back and forth.

Never hit anything but have come very close. One night about 2 in the morning I had to swerve a freshly hit dear on while on a very dark section of I75. Did have to duck to miss a bird one other time but besides that I haven't had that misfortune yet.

Took out a ton of bugs, nothing furry.

Took out a deer in my subaru - but didn't actually hit it with my car - the drywall on the roof rack broke free under heavy braking and nailed the deer. :D

It's stories like that which make me want to drive around with a GoPro always recording.

It's stories like that which make me want to drive around with a GoPro always recording.

Even more fun was the inconspicuous Chevy Malibu that drove past slowly, then turned around and suddenly lit up like a christmas tree in sparkly blue. :(

The car parked behind me providing me some safety cover, two guys got out and helped me load up again. I asked if they were with the sheriff's office and they just said; "Nah, we're with the state, have a nice night." :wtf:

Not only did I nearly hit my bag limit with sheetrock, but the Men In Black helped me clean up the mess.

Wish I knew what dept they were with so I can send a thankyou. :cool:

Even more fun was the inconspicuous Chevy Malibu that drove past slowly, then turned around and suddenly lit up like a christmas tree in sparkly blue. :(

The car parked behind me providing me some safety cover, two guys got out and helped me load up again. I asked if they were with the sheriff's office and they just said; "Nah, we're with the state, have a nice night." :wtf:

Not only did I nearly hit my bag limit with sheetrock, but the Men In Black helped me clean up the mess.

Wish I knew what dept they were with so I can send a thankyou. :cool:

That's awesome.

Almost got taken out by Bambi and his homies on US-16 headed toward Yellowstone in '07. Got lucky but it was a freaky moment to see those things in a group.

Bird bounced off my front fender on my way to Ohio Bike Week this year, but it kept on going.

Only critter I killed was a rabbit that ran in front of my Ford Taurus (previous car) as I was in leaving the drop-off zone of my high school. Thought it was going to make it underneath the car but it got taken out by the rear driver's side wheel.