How many of you rode to work today?

SpeedTriple44444

Did you ride to work today  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Did you ride to work today

• yes
    • no

I only live about 1.5 miles from work, and no way my Speedy is sitting out in the rain! There is a VStar in the parking lot, but that guy sold his truck and that's all he has to ride until he finds something new.

I don't blame you... I won't ride my Speedy in the rain either (but I have by accident). Right now I'm in a similar situation to V-star guy... my car blew a brake line and I haven't had a chance to fix it. I wish I would have before I had surgery, because the motorcycle isn't exactly a smooth ride, and I don't feel much like crawling under the car right now.

I don't blame you... I won't ride my Speedy in the rain either (but I have by accident). Right now I'm in a similar situation to V-star guy... my car blew a brake line and I haven't had a chance to fix it. I wish I would have before I had surgery, because the motorcycle isn't exactly a smooth ride, and I don't feel much like crawling under the car right now.

Did you blow a hard line or soft line? Soft line shouldn't take too long to fix.

I am still riding in every day. Does seem like most of the warm weather guys are starting to disappear since I used to see quite a few bikes on my ride in. Since it started getting cooler in the mormings, I see less and less and only like 2-3 bikes total this week

Yeah, but you're on 3/4 of a cage with the 'wing, lol. Yesterday and today I was the only bike in the parking lot. Usually there are at least 2 of us, and often up to 10. I don't know about you, but I really enjoyed my ride in today, even if it was drizzling and the roads were wet. A lot of these guys don't know what they're missing!

• Upvote 1

3/4 cage...lol. Tis true I suppose. My ride in this morning was great. Yesterday it was flat out raining and since I work in an office I don't particularly care to get to work wet. I don't mind riding home in the rain. Also, I have ridden thru/with two tornados and have learned I don't need to do that regular...lol. When a Wing changes lanes and you didn't ask it to, its time to park and wait it out...lol.

My rain gear keeps me dry, so no issue there. I also work in an office.

I'm with you on the tornado thing. I've had to hang off the bike to keep it going straight while riding through hail before... first and only time I stopped under a bridge and waited it out.

Gotta pick my kid up from school tonight for his Karate lesson, so caging it today.

Gotta pick my cage up from the bodyshop monday on my way home form work, so caging it again.

(Honda ad) "I wanna ride I wanna ride I wanna ride..." (/Honda ad)

:wtf:

Seriously... cheap fun. I'm not a cruiser guy, but I've ridden a friend's and they are a lot of bike for the money (you can pick them up cheap used). If I was to buy a bike for $18K, it would be a Ducati or BMW, but if I ever (God, help me) get the urge to ride a cruiser, I would pick one of these up for a third bike.

Someday old age will make you buy a cruiser:p

I see my retirement years being more Goldwing oriented. Some of the sport tourers are pretty comfy too, so no reason to give up performance for age. You might be surprised to find out how many guys over 50 ride Hayabusas. They are out there.

Seriously... cheap fun. I'm not a cruiser guy, but I've ridden a friend's and they are a lot of bike for the money (you can pick them up cheap used). If I was to buy a bike for $18K, it would be a Ducati or BMW, but if I ever (God, help me) get the urge to ride a cruiser, I would pick one of these up for a third bike.

I was looking for a cruiser / first bike. Am I gonna spent $20k on a harley or $6k on a suzuki? Can't beat that especially for brand new with 2 miles on the odo. :bow:

We all start somewhere. I was always planning to upgrade at some point, but I actually haven't found the need to yet. Turns out it's a damn nice bike. :D

Someday old age will make you buy a cruiser:p

I'm thinking more like a new BMW tourer or something like that. Could use a little more comfort for longer rides, but honestly I'm not finding myself hurting for anything that I can't add as easily as any other bike. Maybe GPS if I want to go exploring.

Edited by Scruit

I was looking for a cruiser / first bike. Am I gonna spent $20k on a harley or $6k on a suzuki? Can't beat that especially for brand new with 2 miles on the odo. :bow:

We all start somewhere. I was always planning to upgrade at some point, but I actually haven't found the need to yet. Turns out it's a damn nice bike. :D

You won't catch me arguing with you on that... it is a nice bike. One of the best bangs for the buck out there. Do you have the modified final drive on yours?

You won't catch me arguing with you on that... it is a nice bike. One of the best bangs for the buck out there. Do you have the modified final drive on yours?

No, but I was seriously considering the jet kit. Right now my main focus, beyond enjoying the ride, is to get good MPG. The bike is plenty fast enough to get me in more trouble than I need to be in. (That being said, my car is faster than my bike!)

As my skills improve I can see stepping up to a more responsive bike.