what's the best "project" car?

redkow97

I would agree with the guys saying the fox body Mustangs. I owned a mint condition 1993 GT vert black on black and loved it...had to sell it when I was in college due to lack of funds and I kick myself in the ass to this day for getting rid of it. A fox body Capri would also be a great choice if you can find one, they were kinda rare, but very cool cars.

He had the typhoon and it was freakin fast. He gave me a run for my money back when I had my 96 gsxr 750. Might be hard to find one though?

They're still around. I see them every once in a while. Could always build one! Buy a 4X4 blazer, drop it, AWD t-case, then whatever for the engine! A strong V8 would make it more fun than the turbo.

I had the engine out of one a few years ago for a piston, and I wasn't all that impressed. In their day they were fast, but not so much anymore.

The ECM code for the Sy/Ty is some of the best ODB1 stuff GM has for performance. Quite a few have used it for the base for their custom code, running boosted V8's, and so on.

I picked this up last winter for a little over $2k ('64 Skylark). It has a Wildcat 310 V8. It's a lot of fun. Personnally, I would just watch Craigslist for an old classic.

Edited by Ron505

:nono: You can't beat the low end power that a strong V8 has. Could always put a procharger on it. Turbo's on a V8 would be a bit tight in an S series.

How about a peak torque that starts at 2300 rpm and goes to 5500 rpm? Low end grunt of an N/A V8 my ass...

I want to do a 1970 Camaro and do modern suspension and a roll cage for road racing.

I'd like to build a GTE. alot of work for something that is basically a sleeper, but if i ever get around to it, i think it would be SWEET!

Take a new GTO chassis, 6.0 or 5.7 (either way) and Put a 97-02 Eldorado body on it.

something like this. but in candy apple red with gold metalflake.

2001_Cadillac_Eldorodo_01.jpg?0454E9281809434A3358D35F02DDB660

Edited by magley64

My dad has two of these. A 60 and a 61 Willys Jeep. Not very common and I don't think they carry a high price tag. One of them was his first vehicle and the other he got for free for parts. Probably not what you are looking for but thought I'd throw it out to you.

BTW, this is not his, just a pic off the net.

1959-Willys-jeep-fc170-for-sale-2.jpg

I'd like to build a GTE. alot of work for something that is basically a sleeper, but if i ever get around to it, i think it would be SWEET!

Take a new GTO chassis, 6.0 or 5.7 (either way) and Put a 97-02 Eldorado body on it.

something like this. but in candy apple red with gold metalflake.

2001_Cadillac_Eldorodo_01.jpg?0454E9281809434A3358D35F02DDB660

And a lift kit and 26's!! Holla!

wow a lot of cool ideas.

i like the late 60's chevy nova, too. simple, powerful and if you are just getting into it you can learn a lot without being too overwhelmed. i also like the typhoon/syclone for cool factor, but lots of complex machinery there in which you may get over your head a bit, early on. i plan to build a factory five before i die. mine will have about 500hp with an audi awd platform. :cool: