Whats the best sub $300 helmet?

max power

I know its been discussed before, but Christmas is coming, the wife wants to get me a new lid and I dont want to blow 4 hundy on the Shoei I want.

I currently wear a Scorpion and I have never been real impressed with the fit and finish. I havent seen one yet that didnt have an issue with the shield sealing, the venting has all come apart even though its never been dropped and it weighs a metric ton.

So, whats the consensus? Who offers the best cheap lid and why?

Hopefully not too baller for you. Bell Star Cnote. Was $530 now $199.

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=6146

Also been looking at the Bell Vortex. All around$150.

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=7317

Edited by jagr

They're kinda hard to find new these days. Where did you get it?

2 Wheel Toyz on Ebay. I ended up dealing directly with a guy over the phone who was extremely awesome. He ended up searching through 4-5 helmets ensuring me that I got as new of a build date as they had

Helmets are so extremely subjective the word "best" is useless.

I think the Caberg Trip/Konda is the best deal out there, fit, finish, comfort & styling are great. But that doesn't mean anyone else agrees.

The best one is the one that fits you the best and performs well on your melon.

I know its been discussed before, but Christmas is coming, the wife wants to get me a new lid and I dont want to blow 4 hundy on the Shoei I want.

I currently wear a Scorpion and I have never been real impressed with the fit and finish. I havent seen one yet that didnt have an issue with the shield sealing, the venting has all come apart even though its never been dropped and it weighs a metric ton.

So, whats the consensus? Who offers the best cheap lid and why?

Comp A has some amazing prices on closeout Shoei RF-1000. (Jeez I paid $370 for a solid silver when they first came out) Great helmet...

http://www.compacc.com/Shoei-RF-1000

I have never been real impressed with the fit and finish. I havent seen one yet that didnt have an issue with the shield sealing and it weighs a metric ton.

My experience as well. I will not buy another one to ride a motorcycle. I would get another one to ride scooters with because I feel it does offer protection but the shield is a pain to live with on a motorcycle. I guess you get what you pay for.

I'm pretty happy with my HJC IS-16. It has a large chin curtain that helps keep down on wind noise, it fits well, anti-fog shield works well, integrated sunshield, as well. I can only think of 2 things I don't like about it. 1. the integrated sunshield is not anti-fog. 2. one of the pads in it keeps coming unsnapped. I paid right atround $200 for it at the Pony, which seems to be MSRP, which is typical for anything that's not a closeout up there.

I got my HJC SY-MAX II at the International Motorcycle Show (CycleWorld) on a show special $220 rather than the $289 retail. Modular helmet with built in retractable sunglasses. Great system ! Removable washable interior linings. various flip-up face shields. I highly reccomend it.

I really think you would find the Exo 700 to be a nice improvement over the 400. They can be had at the Pony for $99 (gorgeous blue and white Sthdarburstht) to upper $200s depending on design and color. I'm going to stick with the brand as long as no one sticks an Arai or Shoei on my head to make me understand why the Scorps are so inexpensive.