Cool item for your beer fridge in the garage

YSR_Racer_99

Well, okay, not technically for the fridge, but for all of you high-nosed "I don't drink ANY beer that has a twist-off cap" snobs, this could be cool. They shoulda put some rubber grip or handle of some sort on it. Or a screwdriver handle. Could be much cooler. Overpriced for what it is, but maybe a good stocking stuffer.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00944500000P

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00944501000P?mv=rr

Well, okay, not technically for the fridge, but for all of you high-nosed "I don't drink ANY beer that has a twist-off cap" snobs, this could be cool.

I am fast becoming like this! :D

They shoulda put some rubber grip or handle of some sort on it. Or a screwdriver handle. Could be much cooler. Overpriced for what it is, but maybe a good stocking stuffer.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00944500000P

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00944501000P?mv=rr

I thought they had one with the Craftsman screwdriver handle on it?

I dont use ANY tools that arent made by snap on either :p

:lol: I use Snap-on and Mac, and I have a (very) few Crapsman tools left. Although here at home, I don't much care what it is, since I don't work on much of anything here, other than maybe a kid's bicycle once in a while, or fixing a door hinge. Even my screwdriver and bits here at home are Snap-on/Blue-point

i use craftsman since im too cheap to pay extra for snap on stuff....if my craftsman ever break, thats what the warranty is for

Just fine for someone that's not using their tools to make their living. In fact, I used all Craftsman tools when I started, and over about 8 years upgraded everything to Snap-on and Mac. I still have some Craftsman stuff, none of which gets used daily, other than a couple pry bars, and magnetic pickup tools.

Pretty much every major tool company is now "lifetime warranty" and most are less $$$ than Craftsman. I agree with the point about using tools to make a living vs. "recreationally". I don't use mine to pay my bills, so not really particular about whats in my drawer.

Pretty much every major tool company is now "lifetime warranty" and most are less $$$ than Craftsman. I agree with the point about using tools to make a living vs. "recreationally". I don't use mine to pay my bills, so not really particular about whats in my drawer.

About the lifetime warranty, the best warranty is the one that you have to use the least. I've replaced fewer Snap-on or Mac tools than I have Crapsman. Also, there's no Craftsman truck that comes once a week and will have the replacement, you have to go to the store to get them replaced.

Also, there's no Craftsman truck that comes once a week and will have the replacement, you have to go to the store to get them replaced.

so when i break a tool i need to get a job done, i have to wait a whole week for the guy to come back around in the truck?

running down the road to the store doesnt sound so bad...

so when i break a tool i need to get a job done, i have to wait a whole week for the guy to come back around in the truck?

running down the road to the store doesnt sound so bad...

I see the tool truck more often than I have the chance to get to a Sears store! Also, when using the tools for a living, it's more likely to have a couple different versions of a tool, i.e. different depths of sockets, chrome and impact sockets, different lengths of wrenches, not to mention one or two other techs with the same tool in their box, that they would let you borrow.

As I said, craftsman is fine when you don't have to depend on the tools to make a living. There is a HUGE difference in many of the tools, such as sockets and wrenches. Take a look at the Mac Edge sockets, and the Snap-on Flank drive wrenches, and Mac Knuckle Saver, and Knuckle Saver 2 wrenches. A Snap-on dealer once told me that with a set of their Flank Drive wrenches I wouldn't need line (flare nut) wrenches again. He was right.

Anyway, this thread isn't about what tools are better, it's about bottle openers. I might have to get me one, even.

i have both of these. the large forged one is warrantied for life as to where the screwdriver handled one is not.

i love the forged one.

If you're drinking enough beer that you actually wear-out or break the bottle opener, the $7.99 to replace is is probably the least of your worries. ;)

BTW, I think the forged one doubles as a tire spoon...