For all of you Glock haters...

C-bus

I admit it, I used to be one as well. Fifteen years ago, I bought a Gen 1 Glock 17. Couldn't hit a barn with it. Sold it. About three or four years ago, I bought a Gen 3 Glock 26. Although it functioned flawlessly and I shot very well with it, it never felt right in my hand. So I didn't carry it and eventually sold it. The week after Christmas, I found a Glock 22RTF used for a great price and picked it up. The grip is better, but not perfect. This week, I was on my way in to Vance's to pick up a Sig 239 that I had been eyeballing for a little bit better carry piece when I asked to pick up one if their on-sale Glock 19s. It was the older Generation 3 and the price seemed right to me, but like its G26 little sister, it still didn't quite feel right. The guy behind the counter then suggested that I hold the Gen 4 G19. What a difference!! Apparently, I have little girly pixie hands, because without any of the available grip pieces added, this thing fit like a glove. Of course I picked it up and went on my way.

Not mine, but like mine

Glock-Generation-4-1.jpg

Range Report:

I spent the afternoon at NASR today and put 600 rounds through it (another 150 through the G22). I've owned/own many different guns in my day from most manufacturers (Hi-Point not included in that list), but this G19 Gen 4 is, by far, the most accurate, shootable, gun I have ever had experience with. I had not a single failure to feed, failure to fire, failure of the slide lock, and only a few user-fault fliers. The Gen 4s have a new dual recoil spring set up designed to reduce recoil. It did significantly. I was able to hold rapid fire strings of 15 shots within the six inch target at 150 yards (ok, 25 feet... but still...). Like Goldilocks, I have found perfection in the G19. Hate on, all you Glock haters, you've got a convert here.

Hey, it's winter... did you expect a motorcycle thread?

Edit: I've carried it comfortably IWB in a DeSantis since Thursday. I thought it might be too bulky, but that is not the case at all. Actually more comfortable than my S&W 642 that I've been carrying for years.

Edited by C-bus
Comment about IWB

Sounds good don't know much about glocks, when you plan on going back to NASR. Gonna get a year membership this Friday.

It may be a while. I had to take advantage of the wife and kids being out of town this weekend. I thought about a membership, but I only go 4-6 times per year, so a membership doesn't math-out for me. Surprisingly, they have Gen 4s for $40 less than Vance's sticker price. As with anything, price is always negotiable.

It may be a while. I had to take advantage of the wife and kids being out of town this weekend. I thought about a membership, but I only go 4-6 times per year, so a membership doesn't math-out for me. Surprisingly, they have Gen 4s for $40 less than Vance's sticker price. As with anything, price is always negotiable.

Bought my Hi-Point there their price $149.99 my price $129.99 :D. Good deal still.

Cbus did you see the 2 glock mag + pouch deal Vances had?

$24 for all. Had a set for the 17 and 19.

They are not factory mags. KCI I believe.

I have a few and never had an issue with them.

• Upvote 1

Cbus did you see the 2 glock mag + pouch deal Vances had?

$24 for all. Had a set for the 17 and 19.

They are not factory mags. KCI I believe.

I have a few and never had an issue with them.

No, I didn't see those. I'll stop by Wednesday and pick up a set or two. Thanks!!

I dont want to fall into the marketing of the Glock, but I did shoot a Glock 17. The trigger is smooth and "crisp". I have also tried springfield XDM, Browning Hi-power, and a .22 LR buckmark.

The Glock trigger does feel how I think a trigger should feel. When I am ready for my next pistol, a Glock will be on the list.

I dont want to fall into the marketing of the Glock, but I did shoot a Glock 17. The trigger is smooth and "crisp". I have also tried springfield XDM, Browning Hi-power, and a .22 LR buckmark.

The Glock trigger does feel how I think a trigger should feel. When I am ready for my next pistol, a Glock will be on the list.

I used to have a beautifully blued Hi-Power. It sat comfortably in the hand, but had some real trigger and reliability issues. It's too bad, because it was one of my favorite guns to polish up. Someone got a great deal on that one too. They go for $900+ new now.

I just need to find out how to disassemble the slide on my Hi power. Currently, the fired round does not always extract properly from the barrel. Then the "new" round will get jammed in the chamber below the partially extracted spent round. happens with both mags, and a few different types of ammo.

I just need to find out how to disassemble the slide on my Hi power. Currently, the fired round does not always extract properly from the barrel. Then the "new" round will get jammed in the chamber below the partially extracted spent round. happens with both mags, and a few different types of ammo.

Here try this I believe you need a 5/8 punch to get the pin out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiZqLKehQOU

Thanks for the effort, but I have a Browning HI-power, not Hi-point. I see how the confusion occurs since both firearms start with HI. And there is about $800 price difference between the two. I know how to field strip the Browning HI-power, but not disassemble the slide to inspect the extractor