upper 40s next week

Casper

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is why everyone needs a rat bike.

To me, a single $10,000 sportbike isn't nearly as good as a $8,500 sportbike and a $1,500 rat bike I can ride on salt-encrusted roads and not worry about it. Dual-sports are great for that...

exactly.

learn beater bikes n00bs.

What parts of a bike are exposed aluminum? I'm pretty sure all mine are painted, powder coated, or anodized.

This. I've been riding my Strom in winters for 3 years, no corrosion on anything so far. If it's warm enough to ride, hose it off. If it's too cold to hose it off? There won't be any corrosion.

Xbox and sweat pants is ok too, if that's your thing. I won't judge.

The cold doesn't bother me if I want to go for a putt. The cold does bother my tires if I want to go for a ride though. They never come up to temp. Salt really sucks though so my bike won't be out for a while. I do still watch accuweather everyday.

Salt will destroy a motorcycle in the most vicious ways.

Bugs corrode too, did ya know that? Seriously...acids and super high PH in their guts.

Come to think of it, UV rays play hell on paint, they brittle your plastics, fade shit, break down your gear, etc.

Heck, let's not even get into all the shit that rain can do...short out electrical components, acid-rain heavy metals can wear on a bike.

Gasoline vapors? Same....really bad for paints, plastics, etc.

Jesus we had better re-think taking these things out.

There's acid in the sweat on our hands, maybe we shouldn't touch our motorcycles...

Calcium chloride salt is currently the road salt of choice. It used to be sodium chloride. If you've ever ridden a motorcycle on a road covered in sodium chloride, you'll never do it again.