Discount day at Nelson for Ohio Riders - May 14 2011

jbot

thanks, went with the a* GP techs...on a side note this will be my 30th birthday weekend, my birthday is on the 12th but this is my "party" lol

Nice, mine is on the 8th so I will be in the same boat, but only turning 26.

I have a spare set of teknic boots and gloves if anyone needs to borrow some for there first day. Boots are 10.5 or 11 and gloves are either large or Xl. If anyone needs them I can go out in the garage and dig them out to find out exact size.

I have a spare set of teknic boots and gloves if anyone needs to borrow some for there first day. Boots are 10.5 or 11 and gloves are either large or Xl. If anyone needs them I can go out in the garage and dig them out to find out exact size.

The Teknic "Chicane" gloves, and "violator" boots are a hell of a cheap way to get on track.

Last year's design of glove runs like $20 a pair. They are NOT a Knox Handroid, or a Held Phantom, but they offer protection for 1 crash.

I've seen $300 gloves fail, and $20 gloves survive a crash looking brand new... It depends more on how you crash than what glove you have. The $300 gloves just might survive 2 or 3 crashes, where the $20 gloves are one-time-use.

I'm not advocating gambling on something as important as your hands, but the STG folks claim they won't sell anything they wouldn't use, so the protection has to be at least decent in the $20 gloves.

I have 2 pair of the Chicanes, and the set i've had for 3 years is just getting to the point where I'm considering not wearing them on track anymore. Just wearing through the leather a little where the bar-end sits on my right palm.

BAMP

Kids, please remember to update the list with your status and what group you're running.

Please don't make me explain how to: highlight text, ctrl-c, ctrl-v

oh look, i just did.

picture.php?albumid=460&pictureid=13465

Novice, paying when I get back from CO in 2 weeks, late I know, but I want to have coin for hooker sand blow out there. Just dont tell my GF. JK

But yea, Novice paying end of March or April 1 at worst. Gonna pay for a Mid O date then too, just not sure what one.

Adding myself to the pending list!

jbot

blue03636

apch8r

mykill (Novice)

madcat (novice?)

2wheeler (intermediate)

JCMathis (Intermediate)

grapesmuggler27 (Novice)

pending:

hutch - pretty much counted in

ducati guy - probably in, wants to go fast

standout - waiting to see how april goes

tyler524 - needs gauntlet gloves

redkow97 - if he doesn't do wera race school in grattan

jarvis - wishy washy lol

r1crusher - has a fancy track bike, has no more excuses, but still won't commit

cbrbrent - I'm most likely in

rubbersidedown - Novice

I'm 90% sure I'll do the WERA race school 4/30 and 5/1 at Nelson, so I'm more likely to be in for 5/15.

Still debating on April though. Weather is a factor. having fresh tires for my first race weekend is also a factor. Then again, getting back on the bike before going racing would probably be a good idea!

I'm 90% sure I'll do the WERA race school 4/30 and 5/1 at Nelson, so I'm more likely to be in for 5/15.

Still debating on April though. Weather is a factor. having fresh tires for my first race weekend is also a factor. Then again, getting back on the bike before going racing would probably be a good idea!

orly? so you're gonna race with us on sunday in may? that's cool. what classes are you racing in?

truth be told, i'm also only doing april to break the rust off.

just bamping the thread up to see if anyone has any questions, comments, etc etc.

also, for people without suits, i guess the rental suits are only $35. that's pretty retarded cheap. Just have to give motoseries a heads up so they can make sure they have it.

I'm going bat shit crazy with the weather bouncing back and forth from 40 to 60 and back again.

orly? so you're gonna race with us on sunday in may? that's cool. what classes are you racing in?

truth be told, i'm also only doing april to break the rust off.

I will see where my lap times will be competitive, but my bike is now superstock compliant for WERA

Wanna buy a vortex triple?

Paying Friday for this guy. Thanks again! Lap timer, suit, etc. all ready, just need an oil change and to rewire the filter, plug, and cap, already got the tools etc to do it and body work on.

Oh and put on the numbers and air ducts, shit, I still need help/advice how the hell to do that. 06 GSXR 600 with Factory Bodyworks.. any advice? Might just bring them to the track off and have someone there help me.

Paying Friday for this guy. Thanks again! Lap timer, suit, etc. all ready, just need an oil change and to rewire the filter, plug, and cap, already got the tools etc to do it and body work on.

Oh and put on the numbers and air ducts, shit, I still need help/advice how the hell to do that. 06 GSXR 600 with Factory Bodyworks.. any advice? Might just bring them to the track off and have someone there help me.

are you gonna be doing the race school, or just being proactive by doing all the prep for later, now?

if you're doing the race school, awesome!

funny you posted this, I was just about to post up that we're about 3 weeks out from the cut off date and if there were any people lurking that had questions, feel free to post up. we're keeping the epic trolling to a minimum for this thread.

No race school yet, that will be a little bit later in the season. Haven't been on a track in 2 years and need to get my wings back, plus new bike.

I will however hopefully be fully safety wired, bike is done to WERA specs I believe, or atleast I was told it was. Bought it from a WERA member and he raced it the year before, so must pass whatever tech that was.

Changing oil and numbers this weekend, then just going to see what else needs done.

Due to request from pending customers, we have extended the deadline for the discount till after the April event. That way those that are riding in April can see if they want to come again. The deadline will be April 18th now.