Discount day at Nelson for Ohio Riders - May 14 2011

jbot

any track noob that doesn't have gauntlet gloves, and have tiny little hands like me can use these:

2011-04-11_22-58-00_852.jpg

they're not fancy, but they're basically brand new and should get you by til you get some decent racing gloves. they are size small. I bought them years ago, and I found them buried under a pile of other crap.

Hope to see some of you there!

Edited by jbot

I bought a pair of A* gauntlet gloves so I have all of my gear but I would still have to prep my bike and drain my coolant. I do have a bottle of water wetter so that isn't a big deal but I still have to safety wire and everything else.....

I bought a pair of A* gauntlet gloves so I have all of my gear but I would still have to prep my bike and drain my coolant. I do have a bottle of water wetter so that isn't a big deal but I still have to safety wire and everything else.....

are you running novice or intermediate (open) or advanced or race school?

if you're running novice, you don't "have" to (it is recommended) do any of those things.

are you running novice or intermediate (open) or advanced or race school?

if you're running novice, you don't "have" to (it is recommended) do any of those things.

I would be running as a novice since this would be my first track day

I would be running as a novice since this would be my first track day

then you're not required to do all that stuff if you don't want to.

here is the motoseries requirements page (I thought it was posted before? maybe not):

http://www.motoseries.com/trackday_info.htm

specifically, for novice:

Remove or tape your mirrors and turn signals

Tape your headlight lens if it is made of glass

Tape your brake lights

Tape your speedometer (Instructional Group Only)

New-er "track day" or High Performance Street compound tires are recommended with no pronounced flat spots or irregular wear.

Anything that can be an entanglement or impalement hazard should be removed (non folding rear passenger pegs, stunt cages/bars, spike bar ends)

now, if you want to do all the wiring, coolant, etc etc stuff anyway, it certainly doesn't hurt... but it is not required. especially if you're not sure how often you'll be doing track days/racing.

pm me if you have any more questions. prepping for a novice day is VERY hassle free.

ok, looking to make a plan for this - any of you ballers coming from the Cinci/Dayton area, or would I be making this trek by myself from the lowly southwest?

If it helps, I'll be taking a 15 passenger van all hollowed out with my bike inside, but it has one row of seats left and a big tow hitch in case anyone would be swayed by the possibility of attaching their trailer to get towed.

ok, looking to make a plan for this - any of you ballers coming from the Cinci/Dayton area, or would I be making this trek by myself from the lowly southwest?

If it helps, I'll be taking a 15 passenger van all hollowed out with my bike inside, but it has one row of seats left and a big tow hitch in case anyone would be swayed by the possibility of attaching their trailer to get towed.

I'm in Springboro as well, so this Is tempting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

don't hesitate to car pool with jarvis, he's one cool dude. except for his squid bike, that is. lolsauce

i think the deadline for this discount day is tomorrow or something like that, so BAMP

I honestly had a fun time. The closeout suit from IP did a great job and kept me dry other then boots and gloves. It started to tear at the leg and white lining, so definitely not rated for 100+. And the Michelin Rain tires did a supurb job of sticking down to the track. Only had a small front push/slide the last session when I got ballsy and tried to push thru one of the small puddles coming into the front straight.