Picked up a .22 today

Meanie

Gander Mountain is running a sale on Marlin model 795 semi auto .22s. They are $125 plus tax with a $25 mail in rebate. I got one this evening on my way home from work. Now I need to pick up a scope and make it to the range.

I have one and love it. After Chebby and I got done messin with it, I was shooting spent shells that were shoved in bullet holes from 30 yrds. Or so. No big, but real nice cheap accurate. 22

Got mine for $130 with cheap scope.

Edited by max power

I have one and love it. After Chebby and I got done messin with it, I was shooting spent shells that were shoved in bullet holes from 30 yrds. Or so. No big, but real nice cheap accurate. 22

Got mine for $130 with cheap scope.

Yeah, that was an accurate .22 alright. MP was making smiley faces lol. Hell, he was putting on after another into the same bullet hole.

How long's the sale for?

The Gander Mountain Flyer says the prices are good through April 2nd, or until the item is sold out. I'm not sure how many they had left, but the website is sold out as of this afternoon. I guess they were selling pretty good, cause the guy at Gander Mountain had printed a bunch of the rebate forms and they were gone when I picked mine up.

I have a Marlin 795. Dicks Sports Goods will also have that sale for $99 eventually.

Great rifle. Mine does not like the bulk Blazer ammo from Fin Feather and fur. It seems to like Winchester Dynapoint ammo and CCI Varmit in the plastic sleeves.

I bought a Center Point scope with rings for about $75.

I am happy with it.

Now after hearing how great a .17 HMR rifle is from another person on here, I might have to get one of those too.

Old style Marlin Mod 60 for the win. Works with and cheap ass .22 ammo, 15 rounds at a time, and easy to clean. I think I got mine in the 90's for around $70. I love it because it is so hard to jam as compared to the AR7 (?) .22 pack gun and even the old .22 pump I have. Not sure if it's as good a gun as they used to be but I have yet to kill mine. :lol: