Need Parking Lot Suggestion

PhilS

All going well, later this year a few of us will be trying to host a sport-riding clinic here in central Ohio - not taught by me (thank God) but by some professionals. Problem is, we need a sizable parking lot without too many obstructions or curbs to inflict a lot of pain. :cry:

Meaning, we need some suggestions for a parking lot available from about 8AM to 6PM in late June on a Saturday. If anyone has any suggestions, whether specific or in general, let 'em rip!!

And if anyone has any suggestions for my need of "said course", well, keep them to yourself..........Todd!!! :nono:

Thanks in advance..........

Phil

Try McDorman in Canal Winchester. The back lot is huge and he may go along with it. Another suggestion is the old value city parking lot in Lancaster. Wide open with only a few lamp posts to inflict pain.:D There is always AD-Farrow but, you know (harleys??)

Ahhhh.....let's not sell the H-D short just yet. They were all over this, but already had both parking lots and range areas booked that day. We will host an event there next year as long as we get it scheduled in January. The Sunbury lots look nice and clean.

Thanks for the suggestions. We will call McDorman Chevy.

I don't know any schools down that way but if anyone has a hookup in a district that might be an option since I don't see them getting much use at that time of year and you know schools, they always could use the extra dough

I'm not sure who you would contact, but how about some of the places that are closed in the brice rd area, south of I-70? Is there anything in the former Meijer store?

I rode back there one day (back where Burlington Coat Factory used to be), lots of area but the conditions were terrible,

broken glass and debris everywhere.

AMA museum parking lot?

Spoke to AMA - but lot is not big enough. RG Barry next door would have been nice, but they did not seem to return calls!! Ha!!!

But - We found a lot and it's HUGE!!!

Xenos Christian Fellowship Front Lot 270 and Cleveland Avenue. Really nice people there - we're very lucky. Details on the event at a later date.

Thanks to all for the suggestions.

Lot.jpg

Edited by PhilS

looking forward to more details. I'm intrigued.

how many push-brooms and dust-pans do you have? John and I kicked around an idea like this a couple years ago on another forum and were talking about using Solo cups instead of cones. cheap alternative. Just have to find a way to weight them down with something that won't be a bitch to clean up.

I would just say sand or water, but both tend to cause loss of traction...

I would just say sand or water, but both tend to cause loss of traction...

milk jugs, 2 liter soda bottles, juice containers, etc. I'd say fill with water, spills will evap quickly in summer.

That's right across 270 from where I work! It's also close to where John works.

I'm excited to hear the upcoming details!

270 and Cleveland? I work there too. We should arrange a ride-to-work/lunch deal... but that's another thread. Good on getting the parking lot!