Let's see your sytem

tyler524

I just finished my box and got everything installed in my new truck and was curious to see some other peoples setup.

I built a custom box for my two Audiobahn low profile 10s with my 1500 watt Crunch amp. This is probably my cleanest setup to date, I have had lots of other systems and much louder but this has great sound and looks real clean. I have had some pretty shitty setups and I had a setup that got my 2nd in a db comp but I don't have any pictures of them off hand.

picture.php?albumid=1229&pictureid=13586picture.php?albumid=1229&pictureid=13585

*****I FAIL AT THE INTERNETS****** Thread title fail

Edited by tyler524

I didn't know people still did car systems. That was a huge thing in the 80's and hit it's peak in the 90's. My older brother had a killer system in the '92 era. Nowadays, I hear maybe 1 person every few months bumping and it's usually the same person, but now it drives me crazy...haha. It's just not a cool thing anymore like it was in the day. Kind of like the old school tight rolling of the jeans era, hydraulics, and skateboarding the wheels times. Man, it's crazy how fads can go from clothes to our vehicles as well.

Edited by NinjaNick

I agree w/NinjaNick it's way over due.........new era new trends hurry someone please start a new one............

Thanks for the support. :cheers:

Last vehicle trend that I remember as of late happened after the movie Fast and Furious came out in 2001. Where it seemed everyone that had a civic or even a family car felt the need to put a tall spoiler and exhaust tip on their 4 cylinder.

OH another old school one is neon lights! I fail though, because I got them on my motorcycle, but that's ok, they're just not cool on cars anymore. :D

I have nothing in the new car, just the factory stereo. My last car was an '01 GTI and I had 1500watts worth of stuff in that car.

Front's and rear's where Boston Acoustics Pro6.5 speakers powered from a JL audio 300/4 amp. 75 watts to each of the 4 channels.

Subs where a pair of 10 inch Eclipse 88100dvc's wired for 1ohm and being powered by an Orion HCCA 275G4 competition amp. It was pushing 1200watts into the subs. I had the remote gain control so you could back the subs down when you wanted to listen to normal music.

I also ran an Audio Controls EQ, a pair of optima batteries, 1 farad cap on the stereo, a .25 farad cap for the engine computer, a custom 265 amp Bosch alternator and enough 4 gauge wire to weigh down a small country.:D Here are pics of the amp and subs when I had them pulled out when I sold the car.:(

DPP_1882.jpg

DPP_1886.jpg

(and yes the floor tiles are 1 foot squares, it's a friggin big amp:rolleyes:)

the only "system" I ever had, then I just started buying cars that the stereo sounded good already. I liked my boom in high school and college but I've always been way more about sound quality.

I think in total I paid $350 for the head unit, subs, amp and wiring and the head unit was $270 of the cost. Installed it in an hour in a parking garage and just never cared that it looked like shit :lol:

system.jpg

And mind you this was high school...this painted interior seemed like a nice accent then

headunit.jpg

I didn't know people still did car systems. That was a huge thing in the 80's and hit it's peak in the 90's. My older brother had a killer system in the '92 era. Nowadays, I hear maybe 1 person every few months bumping and it's usually the same person, but now it drives me crazy...haha. It's just not a cool thing anymore like it was in the day. Kind of like the old school tight rolling of the jeans era, hydraulics, and skateboarding the wheels times. Man, it's crazy how fads can go from clothes to our vehicles as well.

It is still a pretty big thing, a buddy of mine owns a car audio shop and is doing pretty good. He just got 2nd place at the national db drag comp in his class with I think 154.7db. My old system in higgchool did 145.6 but if I knew then what I do now it would have been louder with the correct box.

I have a Kicker ZR120 running a pair of kenwood 8s, 2 poll 6s and 2 4" boston acoustics with a newer pioneer head unit. Most of the system is from 96, but it sounds good and clear and has never had problem.

Someone could try to gank my old shit, but myself and all my neighbors are gun totin rednecks who are itchin for somethin to shoot at. It just wouldn't be worth it.