When did Australia Flood?

Gump

Australia had a couple of really nasty Summer storms with record breaking rainfall. Their Summer is our Winter. The question is whether this is the new normal situation for their weather, or was it just a 100 year storm, 500 year storm, etc.

New York City seems to be having it's own special weather patterns lately also.

Extremely heavy rainfall or snowfall. Not the normal.

I didn't realize the Dakota flooding was that extreme. Looking at the pictures... I don't think I'd like driving through water that appears to be horizon to horizon. I tried that in a typhoon and did not like it at all.

Edited by ReconRat

You guys are a few months late on this one. The flooding was the size of Texas at one point. It's not the lack of power, access to drinking water, or food that would worry me if i was over there it is the fact that they have a few of the top deadliest snakes, spiders, and jelly fish ( I fucking hate jelly fish).

Edited by gen3flygirl

You guys are a few months late on this one. The flooding was the size of Texas at one point. It's not the lack of power, access to drinking water, or food that would worry me if i was over there it is the fact that they have a few of the top deadliest snakes, spiders, and jelly fish ( I fucking hate jelly fish).

Not only that, but it devastated parts of downtown Brisbane and the West End. Fortunately my friends down there were all safe where they were, but they told me of some pretty nasty stuff.

Unfortunately my network gear down there survived as well, so much for the free rebuilding trip. ;)

This happened about the same time that the 10 best cities to live in worldwide came out. 4 out of 10 were in Australia. The irony was that there were sharks swimming down Main St. when the list came out...

PS. The US had none, but no sharks swimming down Main St. either.

This happened about the same time that the 10 best cities to live in worldwide came out. 4 out of 10 were in Australia. The irony was that there were sharks swimming down Main St. when the list came out...

Guess that depends on your definition of sharks.

I heard they were swimming circles around a butcher shop

Sharks aren't the problem, it's the fucking jellyfish. Irukandji and the box jellyfish are all over the NE coast of Australia. The box's you can at least try to avoid due to their size, but you'll never see a irukandji coming until you're stung, then it does this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irukandji_syndrome