New tires time for my 748

Das Borgen

Well, it's time to buy new tires and I decided to do front and rear

I've been doing some research and I narrowed my choices down to the Michelin Pilot Power 2CT or Pilot Power Pure, Continental ContiSportAttack and the Bridgestone Battlax BT016

any input from those who've tried those different tires? convince me to another sport tire?

more importantly for me, where is a good place to get them cheapest online?

I think stock sizes are 120/70/17 and 180/55/17 on the 748...any problem rubbing in upsizing the rear?

I'm a casual rider that doesn t go too crazy on the street. I have my car and the road courses for those thrills for me

my bike

197885_514456667840_28900018_30532394_984562_n.jpg

thanks for any help:bow:

you're on a fine italian work of art. ever consider pirellis? I love my DCIII, but they replaced with Diablo Rosso Corsa or you can try the the Diablo Rossos.

I don t pick mods based on where they come from...I pick them always based on research....my car is german but its tires are british, wheels are japanese, catback is american :D

I've read a bit on the Diablo Rossos and i'm a bit unsure about them so if you can convince me otherwise :)

All those tires are great' date=' but I'd refrain from "supersizing" the rear. Stick w/ the stock size, in my opinion. STG sells the 2CTs for $227, shipped. Just bought a set for my bike.[/quote']

interesting....

thanks a lot.....I knew about that site...it was so far back in my mind I forgot the name...I think it was Mike (FiveOh) that told me about it last year!

gonna see you aty the club house any time this year man?

Edited by Das Borgen

I don t pick mods based on where they come from...I pick them always based on research....my car is german but its tires are british, wheels are japanese, catback is american :D

I've read a bit on the Diablo Rossos and i'm a bit unsure about them so if you can convince me otherwise :)

ehh...no need to convince you.

You can't go wrong with the 2CTs for sure. STG has the best prices on them. jakewilson.com has good tire prices. OEM parts are overpriced, but tires are well priced.

Personally, I haven't ridden the Pirelli DR's. I've had the old Dunflop 208s that pretty much put me on my ass. I had the Pirelli Strada's. It was their Sport touring model on my YZF600R. Got about 10k miles on them and rode through MANY T-Storms on the highway and never had so much as a slip. of course I rode for the conditions.

Had the Pilot Powers when I got my R1. Not that impressed with them. It would start to slide when I just hit the traction limits. Didn't like that I wasn't getting as much warning.

After that I put on Pirelli DCIII. These baby would send me postcard before it started to reach it's traction limits. I went into a corner too hot once and started to lock up my rear tires. I eased off and she picked up the road and kept on going. Samething when hitting a patch of gravel. It slid and grabbed back up so fast I didn't even realize what happened until it was over.

The new Pirelli DRC is supposed to have a better profile for quicker turn ins which is probably my only complaint on the the DCIII. Also the high price tag could use a new marketing plan.

2CTs and Q2's all have had great reviews. For me, the Pirellis got me out of two potentially expensive and painful situations so I'm a little brand loyal to them.

just my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...