Best dumb phone for VZW

4DAIVI PAI2K5

Whats everyones thoughts? Im tired of paying 80 bucks a month for my Droid. I dont use any of the data perks. I seem to be using for just texting and phone calls (I used 48 mins of my 450 min package last month.) I see VZW has packages starting at 40 bucks plus 10 bucks for unlimited texting. ( I text like crazy) Just looking to save some money each month because Im trying to get myself out of the debt I created in my youth. I got one bike paid off in Feb. Wal mart card paid off and limit dropped to 100 bucks, Best Buy card will be paid off in Aug or Sept. and the other bike will be paid off in Feb. Im tired of paying some one elses mortgage with my rent every month when I could be paying my own. So back to the reason for the thread. What dumb phone do you like?

I have to have a QWERTY keyboard, other then that I have no specifics. The LG Octane caught my eye so far.

Not much to chose from out there that's decent but I use the LG octane. Has sd memory slot and keyboard. Have not had one problem with it and is great to text with although it has small keys.

i have some shitty samsung thing with a sliding keyboard deal. Its not a bad fan, its been kinda durable from many drunken drops and its still ticking. Battery life is pretty good too

Ditch Verizon altogether and look at Virgin Mobile or Straight Talk or something similar. They usually run around $30 a month for what you would need.
Verizon has the network, and is the only one that works out here.

As Todd said, This is BFE central. If you want to be able to talk to some one on a cell phone you both have to be on verizon.

My buddy does have one of the card loaded phones, Ill have to ask him how its working for him and how much he is investing in it each month.

Tracfone uses Verizon phones and network too, but for some reason they dont work everywhere my regular Verizon does. I have a friend who bought one because of the Verizon network and found out it does not always work so be weary of that

if all you want to do is make calls and txt message, go get a burner phone. no contract or anything. just reup your txts when you need to.

edit: ok i didnt see that this was already suggested. to fix the service problem, move out of the sticks. ;)

It really pisses me off that there are hardly any Verizon phones that you can buy anymore where you do not have to sign up for the data package. It really does. Good luck with your search.

You can buy a used one from ebay and activate it if the ESM is clear and you already have a plan. I'm on Sprint and ditched my sons ancient flip phone and upgraded him to a Samsung Instinct, Verizon will do that too.