Why no motorcycle endorsement?

sporttour

Ever been on a ride and Johnny Law decides to stop you and, some of the guys in your group don't have endorsements, so they decide to run? Can you imagine how pissed off this makes Johnny Law? Can you imagine how pissed off those that stopped were? Good Times!!!

Now I usually ride solo down here in Florida. I guess you could say I'm a one man wolf-pack.

i had a temp permit for a full year before i got my endorsement in ohio. I took the msf course while stationed at dm out in tuscon. AZ gave me a motorcycle "only" license, so i had to carry my ohio license and my AZ motorcycle license. Then i got stationed in okinawa and the stateside msf course was not good enough to get an endorsement on the japanese drivers license, so i had to do another msf over there to get the endorsement. After i got back stateside i could not find my AZ motorcycle license and the japanese license would not transfer, so i had to go through the permit process again and take the computer test to get a permit, waited a year before i found the time to go in and take the riding test. ..

i guess that is why some do not have their endorsement.

I never had a temp permit. It was a written exam and I got the endorsement.

Yes, that was in the dawn of time, when you could get a motorcycle only license at age 14.

They changed that to 16 of course, about a month before I turned 14...

edit: actually, I remember coming back from the Army, and they made me start over again.

But the exam course to ride on was nothing like the one overseas, which was much harder.

I was the last one riding, and the officer waved me off the course after a few seconds riding...

Edited by ReconRat

This is my 3rd year on permit. I took the endorsement test last year and passed just fine. I had just got a new ID a few weeks before and asked the testing center if I had to go to the DMV and get a new ID and they said that the endorsement would show up in the system and I didn't need to get a new ID. A little over a month later I went to the DMV to get a new ID. I decided I wanted the endorsement on it and was told at the DMV that the endorsement expires 30 days after taking the test if you do not go to the DMV to get it added to your ID.

Back to square one again this year. Going to do it all in a day this year.

I rode without an endorsement for years. Lazyness & jackass on my part. Took the basic MSF course with my wife when she started riding 6 years ago. Now I'm a law abiding citizen. I never lie either.