Borrowed a friends RC51 Today

DMS

My usual ride is a motard and aslo happens to be my first streetbike. Buddy of mines shop is working on my Husky so he let me take his bike as a loaner for a day. Werd.

So these sportbike things.... holy fuck. :eek:

IMG_20110505_182908.jpg

So I had a really good time. It was hard to do the speed limit and I found myself doing 120 on I71 like it was nothing. In no time I noticed my hands starting to tingle a bit from the riding position. By the end of the evening my shit was getting sore. I think it would be nice to add a sportbike to the stable but I wouldn't part with my motard to get one.

Around town and everything off highway the motard is superior.... and comfortable. JMO

Yeah no need to compare bikes. We all know what does what. I just wanted to share my experiance on the RC51. Hell of a sick bike. I'm pretty sure id be happier on a sporty over a cruiser.

Oh and the duals on the RC51 sound so bad azzzz.

Probably could not have taken a worse machine for your first venture into sport bikes. Those things are a love hate relationship. They lave to bring the hate too you.

I want one so bad, my dad laughs, he has sat on one and said F that.

First time I sat on one I was in love. Mean, nasty and harsh on the power.

ICON of sport bikes.

I settled. The Superhawk does not have the looks. Does have extreme amounts of power, not quite as much as a RC but still enough for me. The Sound is still there. Especially with the yoshi's...

Probably could not have taken a worse machine for your first venture into sport bikes. Those things are a love hate relationship. They lave to bring the hate too you.

I want one so bad, my dad laughs, he has sat on one and said F that.

First time I sat on one I was in love. Mean, nasty and harsh on the power.

ICON of sport bikes.

I settled. The Superhawk does not have the looks. Does have extreme amounts of power, not quite as much as a RC but still enough for me. The Sound is still there. Especially with the yoshi's...

i wouldnt own one if RC if it had to be my only bike. get some vfr clipons for that hawk and you'll up the comfort 50% no joke i love mine. between that and a new seat and rejet its a different bike

I love my superhawk... Badass bike. The all black edition is Beautiful... Kind of out of jet right now. Plus the cold weather last night was giving it fits.

Was seriously thinking about selling it and getting a DRZ400SM for the comute back and forth to work.

I was being a fuktard last night and was rolling on some new blacktop. A CBR was right beside me. He wanted a little. I named it and about lost it. Back tire started sliding across the street. Absolutely has the power. Just tons upon tons of low end torgue that can get you in trouble quick. But, Oh so fun to ride.

i wouldnt own one if RC if it had to be my only bike. get some vfr clipons for that hawk and you'll up the comfort 50% no joke i love mine. between that and a new seat and rejet its a different bike

Did you use factory VFR clip-ons? I have noticed a lot of fatigue in my hands lately.

I'm pretty sure that 'holy fuck' factor is why a lot of us have sport bikes and deal with the uncomfortable riding position.

...Which is why I ride a Tuono. Has all the grab-you-by-the-manly-bits-and-growl-in-your-face goodness of the V-twin litrebike and a comfortable riding position. Nothing to complain about here. :D

Edited by Coyote
Why not?

I just wanted to share my experiance on the RC51. Hell of a sick bike.

Now think about the fact that you're that impressed with a bike designed 10 years ago, and how far sportbikes have come since then.

According to the internets, an RC weighs a clean 440 dry, and puts down 133hp.

That means its power output is about the same (probably lower) as a modern GSX-R 750, but it weighs 60+ lbs more.

I love the idea of the RC, but I just don't think I could ever live with one... Iconic bike for sure though.

Me and my dear old dad want to go to Mid Ohio when they do the test rides. Id like to take out as many bikes as possible. This is all new to me so i feel like a kid in a candy store. My dad rides a Bandit 1200.

I find testing bikes to be enjoyable, but I rate them all on value... I've done demo rides on a bunch of Yamahas (Raider, R1, FZ1, R6) but I always evaluated them based on bikes I owned. The Raider (all 1800cc of it) was cool, but only a couple tenths quicker than my EX500 in a straight line. I liked it, but there's no way I could justify buying one.

The R1 and R6 got similar results... Great bikes; amazing really, but not worth triple or more what I paid for my (used) 600RR. Even the first time I rode the '08 R6 (in 2008, when my track bike was a '93 F2) my reaction was, "i'll probably get one of those in 2015 when it's not so expensive."

borrowing bikes is where it's at. You can have your fun, and then go back to what you want to live with daily.

I'm pretty sure that 'holy fuck' factor is why a lot of us have sport bikes and deal with the uncomfortable riding position.

And the fact that they uncomfortable wrist feeling only lasts like what a week? Just gotta get the new mustles used to it..

I'm rolling on a Kawi Ninja 650. It has a more upright riding position while still maintaining the sport look and feel. I'm dying to get my hands on a new Ninja 1000! Same upright riding position with an ass load of power!