looking for tires suggestions?

cOoTeR

So after bkizz ride Sunday I noticed I had a hole in my rear tire, looks like I hit a screw and it feel out. I don't know how deep it goes but it is partially into the groove on the treads. Other than that the tire is in good shape but I'm not comfortable riding on it. My front is about due to be changed I am starting to notice its grip isn't as good as it used to be. The bike came with pirelli's which I liked. The price is a little high and the rear didn't last long at all. This is my very first sport bike and I took it easy on the first tire so nowadays I don't think the pirelli would last me anytime. My current tire is a continental road attack great life stuck ok in the corners and would still be running it if it wasn't for the hole. It has got a little squirrelly on my a couple times on the street. I had it on the track and it did great but I can't get it hot enough to stick like that while street riding. (I'm not aggressive enough to really need it to stick that well on the street).

My riding is 98% street and I doubt ill make a track day this year. My bike is an 07 cbr 1krr it calls for a 190/50/17 rear and 120/70/17 front. It has been suggested to me to me by an experienced rider on here to throw a 190/55/17 on the rear. Thoughts on this advantages/disadvantages? Will that throw my speedo off? Will the center wear out faster? I often ride to work which is pretty much 90 miles round trip straight line riding.

What tires do you guys suggest I'm thinking about some pilot's but don't know which to go with. Anyone know a place that will install on the bike, for what price? Trying to save some money. Would take the tires in but I don't have the proper front stand. Thanks guys.

Pilot Powers, I ride with them and love them! Don't know of any place. I went to 35 motorsports when my buddy had to pick up his bike so I got lucky with the price. I also just took him the wheels. You could always send him the wheels if you can get them off.

I'm kind'a partial to Metzler M3s for the road. They grip very well and wear OK. I got about 4500 mi out of a set on my GPZ1100 (heavier than your CBR). If you push 'em hard all the time, they do get a little triangulated--sides are softer than the center and wear faster if you're doing lots of twisties with heavy braking to set up for corners.

Currently using Bridgestone Battlax BT-023GTs. Current pair is nearly 3000 miles in and they still look pretty new. Triple tread tire is great for the straight highway miles, and it still has excellent grip for those twisties. The regular BT-023 would be fine for your bike and quite a bit cheaper (my FJR is a heavy beast so I have to use the GT model). It's a sport touring tire so it's designed for extra mileage and it comes in the 190 rear size.

I loved the Metzler M3 tires too (that's all I used when I lived in CA) but they're a little pricey. Thanks to lots of nails and lane splitting I went through those like cookies. Grip on those were awesome, and I'd switch back if I had the $$$.

pilot road 2 rear with pilot power on the front is what I'll be going with next. From everything I've heard they last along time but still have great twisty ability

I just bought and mounted a Pilot Road 3 on the front. I'll be buying one for the rear when needed. Hoblick has really great prices, but our schedules didn't match up, so I went with Iron Pony because I was in a rush to get back on the bike.

I used to say PDS /thread

but the Pirelli diablo strada has been discontinued.

I am now running a pirelli angel ST E.M.S.

I got over 8000 miles out of the last rear, and it grips well for flogging my flying couch through the twisties as hard as I can...