6/5/11 Non Scooter Big Boy Ride

InyaAzz

Love the route...sr39 would be a lil' touristy infected...the cut off from cr22 a very nice run by the way had some bumpy patches on it last time I was on it. For those going too fast to read signs. CR22 stone church on right side and you'll see the trailer ahead on left....i think its a black camaro parked by white trlr.....but make the turn around the stone church....ah you'll see. Wife runs that route with scooter...part of the annual fall leaf tour....have fun kids.

Edited by littlecarbsbigsmiles

As promised, here is the final route:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&view=map&ctz=240&msa=0&msid=208204218430098593046.0004a4eb7fd4b6bcd3c22&z=19

It's:

83S/19W/60S/36W/22NW/338W-401N/20W/206S/715E/206S-36W/206S/541E/541W/93N/36E/751N/97N-49N/42-46W/651W/83N (6 miles south of Millersburg)

7 hours of riding, 263 miles.

Hope its not as hot as it was today, by the time I got to wooster my nuts were sticking to my legs. I will be a bit early, Todd sent me a photo of his gear for the scooter ride and have to see it in person.

651957008_882e6f2b10.jpg

I am not bald and my scooter is black. Whoever sent that too you is a liar. Plus with the head piece and seat color I wouldn't be caught with the clashing rhinestones in my boots, if it were me they would have been pink to complete the ensemble. I can't believe this rookie would have allowed himself to be pictured without having his outfit complete.

I will play sweep if thats what your looking for.

Thanks...I'll take you up on that.

He doesn't have much seat time...but he knows to ride his own ride. I don't want to infringe on someone else's ride either.

I expect that we will probably be waiting for him for a while once we get to the good stuff. That's OK with me...we all had to start somewhere. That's just an FYI for everyone else.

Oh..and my GPS is junk now..so this will be interesting.

How much for gps mount and what kind?

It's a RAM mount..and it would just be for the cradle....I think. I was just in the garage and I think I have the whole mounting system in there for when I had my Buell. I'll go out there and take a look in a few.

Call me on my cell....i'll direct you from afar...on the scooter ride....I wonder how many harleys will be there...we always called them scooters in the hood.

Should I leave a lite on for ya?

Have fun be safe.

We probably wont stray off the beaten path too much but I'll take your # in case I end up in Florida. I'll be bringing an atlas too....and taping the route to my tank.

Thanks...I'll take you up on that.

He doesn't have much seat time...but he knows to ride his own ride. I don't want to infringe on someone else's ride either.

No problem at all, I rode just over 300 miles today for the shake down.

I am looking to catch you guys somewhere along your route, it really depends on what time I get home from work tonight (Sunday morning) though.

Look for my white Z, the Triple will be getting its first service later Sunday night, I did not have time to do it this week...funny I could be doing it right now...Z is ready...I am lazy!

I'll be on a black ZX10.

Made it back to Grafton exactly at 4. Not my typical ride...it's impossible to see the county road signs and read the route on the tank. I won't ever do that again. We missed the whole western loop...but all in all its was a good ride. I'll scout the unknown roads next time before inviting anyone so we have a smoother trip. Good seeing everyone again.

We had 6 show up for the CORE ride. We started early. The roads were a damp in the AM, but they dried by the first gas stop. I wound up around 490 miles.

What was with all the turtles?

The roads were damp for us too..especially where the trees hang over the road and give shade. I didn't get on it hard till after the first stop.

The turtle road kill was weird. The storm stirred them up? I've never seen anything like that.