how many are still riding??

kawi kid

I only did about 50 miles today,rebuilt carbs..perfect weather tho,came across 275 about 8 pm, I was over dressed, only 53 degrees, I was sweating... Hocking Hills this time of the year..PERFECT....got pictures?

Went there two years ago with a Shadow rider..took us 9 hours but we took the long way..

th_hockinghills044-1.jpg

Tired..tell about my oil drain plug later...

DSC_0931.jpg

No poofing:D Actually not that big of a deal..drilling out valve cover bolt,drop cloth got moved a bit and some metal dropped down but they are heavier than oil and drops to oil pan,drain bolt has a magnet,pump has a screen and have an oil filter..oil and filter changed at 150 miles..problem solved...

This is what was important last sunday..

DSC_0951.jpg

Me still riding. And shall till I see the salt on the road. And if I had a cheap junker bike, I'd ride in the salt. But not the ice. It's just not fair having to put up the bike for a couple of months in Ohio. Maybe global warming will fix that, I can only hope...

• 3 years later...

I was riding till april 7th this year :rh1: Have a few health issues pop up so it will be next year before I ride again.

I am stll arm chair riding my XS11    

Here is one reason I am not riding....

005-33.jpg

October is just about here and riding along the Ohio River in the fall....Priceless.

DSC_0046-1.jpg

:ohio1:

Dude, I'd buy you a tire if you were that short on cash.

LOL, thanks, but I'm fine.

I got my priorities straight.

On the bright side, in spite of the recent challenges in my life, I didn't have to sell my bike, and I wasn't late on any payments on my house.

I consider that a big win.

I'm pretty fortunate, and I'll have Ember at full strength come spring time. New treads, new chain/sprockets, fresh oil, fresh brakes... Plus I'll have some vacation days and floating holidays to burn so i can actually get some rides in.

Might even finally make it to the gap.

Edited by magley64