how many are still riding??

kawi kid

Went for a nice 30 mile ride this afternoon in insulated gear, northeast of Columbus. Temps were a respectable 40-45F and while I was cool, I could have ridden indefinitely.

Took my new V-Strom 650 and enjoyed it properly, though I'm still getting used to its touchy throttle response. How the hell does a 650 have so relatively damned much torque and drive lash under 4k rpm, while maintaining 48 mpg?? I'm kind of hoping it softens in...

Difference between a sport twin and a tractor twin. How is the sag on your chain?

Difference between a sport twin and a tractor twin. How is the sag on your chain?

That's sort of personal :-) but it's good - certainly not loose. I probably just need to get used to it - I see that a lot of folks talk about the Strom's strong throttle response. My V-Star 1100 was heavy, dampening launch acceleration. My CB700SC's I4 has more HP up high but less torque below, and neither have the Strom's fuel injection. I added foam grip slip-ons which help but it's still more "affirmative" than I'm used to. More practice would be appreciated...

Another 30 mile ride today in 40-45F temps. Getting 47-50 mpg on the Strom! Decided to try just jeans and underarmor on my legs, and while they got chilly, it was no worse than being on the ski slopes as a kid. My iron pony closeout insulated gloves were totally worth the $9 I splurged.

I didn't spot a single other motorcycle all weekend. Where are y'all?!

Done. Oil change and Stabil and parked in storage. Need to go back and pull battery and that's it till it's warmer again. Sad.

edit: There was ice in the shady spots, even with the higher temps this weekend. Had to be careful.

Edited by ReconRat

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...