how many are still riding??

kawi kid

i ride every day.. usually around 50 degrees going to work and mid 70's coming home.. the other night I did an extra 100 miles after work since it was so nice.. I am riding my bike to Columbus in the morning to put in garage and hopefully meet up with some of you posers for a drink.

LOL, thanks, but I'm fine.

I got my priorities straight.

On the bright side, in spite of the recent challenges in my life, I didn't have to sell my bike, and I wasn't late on any payments on my house.

I consider that a big win.

I'm pretty fortunate, and I'll have Ember at full strength come spring time. New treads, new chain/sprockets, fresh oil, fresh brakes... Plus I'll have some vacation days and floating holidays to burn so i can actually get some rides in.

Might even finally make it to the gap.

Let me know when you go to the Gap. Glad things are turning around for you.

• Upvote 1

Last year I rode on and off through the winter months (Dec-Feb), so still going to try to get it out once in a while. A lot busier now overall though and probably won't have as much desire to ride during the winter. Last year was the first year I'd gotten back on two wheels after not having a bike for ~14 months so I went a little overboard as far as riding during the winter.

Anyway, I spent yesterday trying I figure out how to carry my tools in my bags so I could take the Multistrada. :)

I'm dying to hear if you figure it out - I'd be trying the same way!

I've been riding almost every evening right after work, but it's hard.  I don't like to be out when everyone is rushing to get home, and I prefer to ride during the daylight.  I'll keep it up until it's steadily in the low-to-mid 50s then I'll winterize and park the bikes.

Been riding to work in the mornings in my cold gear and riding home with all that crap packed in my luggage.

That is what I have been doing. I am loving my heated jacket liner and gloves in the mornings. I have about 40 minutes to commute, most of it slab.

• 2 weeks later...

The weather isn't holding me back it's the deer. I commute at 11pm and 7am and I live in the country, I basically dodge a couple every night and morning. And the weekends are booked with kids sporting events. So I put some stabil in the tank and threw the tender in the bikes last weekend.

screw it... temps 10 to 15 below normal for next two weeks, and 5 to 10 below normal till December 1st.

Only a couple of good days left, and probably will see salted roads rather soon. Putting the bike away...

On the bright side, maybe we can get them out early in February or March..