Today's Craigslist Gem...

Scruit

http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/2458001855.html

1992 Mercury Cougar 3.8 v6 engine 13000 original miles All power seats, trunk release and gas cap. Everything is original (like new)... Has cougar mags. I still have new car sticker from when it was purchased. This car is in EXCELLENT CONDITION.... Never driven in the rain and never sat outside. Always stored in garage. This car would be great for car shows or everyday use... $10,000.00 price is firm

Even accounting for the low miles and "Excellent" condition this is a $2k car. :nono:

Suprised it doesn't say "AC needs charged" like half of the cars on CL.

That's like saying "Tire needs air". If if was that easy, why don't YOU do it? Becuase they know it's gonna all leak out again. :nono:

I had and recently passed it onto the brother, a 95 tbird with a 3.8... still looks halfway decent and drives decent with like 15 x the mileage of that one... but yes.. those are real aluminum wheels .... .and IF it had a 5 liter it might be more attractive... but yes.. he is about 8k too high :wtf:

to each their own....KBB doesnt mean anything in the real world though...find me another car in that condition with less than 15k miles for 2k, of any year and any make, and i will eat my words....if i was in the market for a new car and had a 4k budget, i wouldnt hesitate to spend it on that one - regardless of bluebook value....have you seen what kind of pieces of shit are out there for 2k? lol

Oh, I've seen some crap out there. I'm still shocked at how many people think say "A/C needs charged". If I was selling a car and the A/C needed to be charged then I'd charge it.

I'm avoiding anything that has been wrenched on by a "tuner". Steering clear of anything that has a minor issue that "just needs" something. Running away from anything that is "Needs a straight pipe to replace the catalytic converter", or "Has been stored for x years". Turning my nose up at "needs an XXXX soon" if XXXX is something that doesn't wear slowly - ie Alignment. It either needs an alignment or it doesn't. Ignoring anything that has had a major component replaceed too recently to be proven reliable again. "New engine 50 miles ago = RUN AWAY".

I'm leaning towards cars that are in current use rather than something that's sat out rotting in a field.

But you can get so much more car for 4k. I came across a mistubishi 3000GT for 2k that looked very clean I'll take that over a 4k cougar.

Instead of starting a new thread... if there are any Asian guys (I assume that's what 'A' is in SGAM?) under 170# that wanted to go for a ride on a Harley... now's your chance. Ride with Likwid (Lkwd) :)

Btw, what's HWP?

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/stp/2457718160.html

Harley ride? - m4m (Lkwd or Lake County)

Date: 2011-06-23, 11:12AM EDT

Reply to:

[Errors when replying to ads?]

SGWM seeking same or SGAM as passenger or with a bike/trike, for some pleasure riding, perhaps some outdoor dining, etc. Please be HWP and younger is preferred. Cannot be over 170# if passenger. If any interest, send face pic please and let me know availability. Put RIDE in subj line so I know not spammers. Thanks for reading. Keep Kewl.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

3n53ma3l05Q25T05R0b6ndd6214c183fc10d9.jpg3kf3m63od5O35Y35X3b6n04ce91d747151866.jpg