Speed Bumps on the mother effin roads...!

NinjaN8

So, I've come to find that the roadways in Ohio may be the worst I've EVER ridden on. Every 5 seconds it seems I'm hitting some kind of fucking speed bump on the road... WTF!!!??? Every seam in the road seems to be some kind of un-godly speed-bump. What gives? There has to be some kind of explanation for this phenomenon. 270 is bad but so is 23, 53 and it seems almost any other road I've ridden in Ohio has this same problem of these crazy, out of the blue, speed-bumps... SERIOUSLY. WHAT THE FUCK?

You need a motard, just think of them as opportunities to do bunny hops. :p The first thing I did when I had a borrowed Hypermotard was go seek some of them out so I could jump them.

On a serious note, I hate having to ride anywhere on 270 because of them. There are a few good ones on Taylor road down by the Best Buy in Reynoldsburg that are enough to cave in your rims.:wtf: If Ohio DOT had any respect for people on motorcycles they would fix those things. Their worst than the F'n potholes.

:beathorse:

...If Ohio DOT had any respect for people on motorcycles they would fix those things. Their worst than the F'n potholes.

Hmmm, I don't know, I'd rather hit a hump/bump then a pothole anyday.

I won't ride SR60 on the South side of Zanesville because of that. Between McConnelsville and Zanesville.

Stupid expansion joint bumps. Endless quantities of them. ladump ladump over and over. And then they quit briefly, only to start back up again... 20 minutes worth.

edit: Let me know if they ever fix that...

Hmmm' date=' I don't know, I'd rather hit a hump/bump then a pothole anyday.[/quote']

Generally though, the potholes can be avoided. They usually don't take up an entire lane, and ODOT will eventually fix them. Several of these speed humps are the full width of the road and can't be avoided, and have been in place for several years with no signs of ODOT fixing them. A 4-6 inch tall hump in the road in a 65 mph zone is enough to send my bike completely airborn. Even the ones on Taylor that are roughly the same height but in a much slower speed area are frustrating. I have to get up off the seat and basically jump the dang things.

go ride down morse rd near cleveland ave...you will never complain about the freeway bumps again...i swear theres a full-formed speed bump in that road....every time i hit it in in whatever car im driving, it will bottom out and slam against the road....my truck is the only thing that can survive it without slamming, and even then its not a smooth ride....they put it in a 45 zone where people do 55 all the time and its not marked or anything....its the worst ever

I've got friends that come down from Michigan to ride our Ohio roads because of how nice they are kept here.

Try riding in Michigan to put things in perspective.

There's some nasty backroads not far from where I live and first few times I'd been rippin' out there I hit a couple bad "buckles" in the asphalt that almost put my bike out sideways - nothing severe, but under power it can be quite a jolt!

I wish that ALL the roads in Ohio were in perfectly prepped condition at all times - then everyone could have fun without fear of getting catapulted from our seats, flat tires, bent rims, racked nutsacks, etc....etc....but 'tis a dream, I know.....this is the really real world, where tax money is spent on whatever makes the least sense.