Tire Question

gidet

So as I was going through my pre-ride routine this afternoon I saw something out of the ordinary in the grass near my bike. I found this:

IMAG0628.jpg

IMAG0629.jpg

I know there's a correct term for it, but it escapes me right now. I was wondering what I should do to put it back on my rim or even what to do period.

Thanks for the help!

PS Sorry if I seem like a noob :(

Those usually dont just fall off. Are you sure they are off your bike? If so, you can just tape them on where the residue is, otherwise you will have to get it re-balanced. That also seems like a lot for a mc rim imo.

Those usually dont just fall off. Are you sure they are off your bike? If so, you can just tape them on where the residue is, otherwise you will have to get it re-balanced. That also seems like a lot for a mc rim imo.

+1

If you haven't washed your bike recently and these fell off, you should still be able to see an outline the exact size and shape of the weights on your rim, that has no dirt in that area. you can get a piece of double-sided tape and put them back in place.

But if I were you, I'd go out and ride the bike and if you don't feel any new vibrations at any speed, I wouldn't worry too much about it. They might not even be off your bike.

The wheel weights are still in tact on the front but are missing from the rear so it has to be from my bike. I'm going to check it out sometime when it's lighter out... I just hope I don't have to get them re-balanced :(

EDIT: actually I'm going out to check now. I'm impatient lol

Yea, when you get about 60mph and you hear the *thumpthumpthumpthumpthump* and feel the vibration of your improperly balanced wheel/tire... you'll realize how important those little weights are.

It seems like an awful lot of weight too, so your tire/wheel combination is probably not very balanced as it sits.

The wheel weights are still in tact on the front but are missing from the rear so it has to be from my bike. I'm going to check it out sometime when it's lighter out... I just hope I don't have to get them re-balanced :(

EDIT: actually I'm going out to check now. I'm impatient lol

lol, thats how i am, i will be outside at 11:30 at night trying to fix stuff on my bike and car just cuz if i dont it will drive me crazy till i do

I think I located where it fell off but we'll see in the morning. Is it expensive to get the tires re-balanced, if I have to?

If you need them rebalanced, PM Hoblick on here. He mounts and balances tires for a great price, so balancing only would probably be pretty affordable :)

Edited by fizzer
removed pricing

If you need them rebalanced, PM Hoblick on here. He mounts and balances tires for ~$20, so balancing only would probably be pretty affordable :)

Awesome thank you Fizzer! :bow:

You might be ok though as long as you stay under highway speeds... your call -- at your own risk...

Good luck though :cheers:

It's only a Ninja 250. It doesn't go fast enough to worry! :lol:

I also agree that's a LOT of weight for a MC tire. I didn't even balance the new rear tire for my 250, and it's smooth as can be!

It's only a Ninja 250. It doesn't go fast enough to worry! :lol:

I also agree that's a LOT of weight for a glorified scooter tire. I didn't even balance the new rear tire for my 250, and it's smooth as can be!

ftfy :)

So should I not worry about it or get it taken care of if I can't find where it fell off?

The absolute last thing you want to do is put it back on in the WRONG spot, which'll make it worse.

Either get it balanced, or deal with it 'as-is'. If you don't experience any ill handling at the speeds you normally travel, then you'll be okay, but that's a judgement call for you to make. It may also cause your tire to wear prematurely in certain spots... But I'm guessing for the size of your bike, it won't be as noticable.

Nonsense. There's nothing wrong with putting it back, if a spot can be seen. Although I doubt if it will stick for long, and will come off again. What does seem wrong, is how much total weight there is. The tire should have been rotated on the rim, and rebalanced, until a position between the tire and rim had a better condition with less balancing weights.

I had to replace some weights on my front. No idea where or when they fell off but could see where there was some. By the way, if anyone happens to be looking for wheel weights, harbor freight has them on sale at the moment, http://www.harborfreight.com/1-4-quarter-oz-wheel-weights-67225.html

Not to thread jack but the wheel weight dilema appears solved.

So, I'm buying tires.

Q2s or 2CTs?

I've read reviews and they both seem great

I will be in the rain from time to time-

Anyone have a coupon for Motorcycle superstore?

Thanks

Not to thread jack but the wheel weight dilema appears solved.

So, I'm buying tires.

Q2s or 2CTs?

I've read reviews and they both seem great

I will be in the rain from time to time-

Anyone have a coupon for Motorcycle superstore?

Thanks

Buy from Riders Discount. Get Q2's. I have tracked them in the rain and ridden in plenty of rain and they did fine. Enjoy your new tires. Make sure you get the wheel weights secured securely. :D