ride and range tour?

Gixxus Christ!

I've noticed there are a lot of fellow shooters in this community. Why not combine our 2 favorite things and go on a bike tour of shooting ranges? I know of 4; riverside, the marksman, Midwest gun club and some range out in nelson that I qualified for my ccw at. Pistols.only would be easier for discrete transport but break-down rifles and shotguns could work with some creative luggage selections.

I don't think we will be going that far south (see that yellow highlighted "northeast" by the title?) I don't want this to be some epic 14 hour adventure, just a nice afternoon scoot n shoot. Some issues I have thought of: what if the ranges are busy (which they will be) and we have to wait for lanes and then go piece-meal into them as they become available? That's going to really slow shit down and well, its gonna get expensive. Most ranges charge $10 per half hour per lane, 2 shooters per lane maximum. If we hit 4 ranges and only shoot half an hour each one its still a good chunk of change by the time you factor in ammo and targets. Maybe we try and reserve some lanes at one or two ranges, meet up at shooter & scooters and head out? Or we could go the free route and try mike's farm Land as long as we don't go shredding the breadbasket. I'm totally open to suggestions here, this was my idea but I'd like some input from everyone.

..... I got 80 acres we could probably shoot at..... it's been a while since I've pulled a trigger..... gotta check to make sure the renting farmer doesn't have corn or beans 3-6 ft tall growin tho.....

I'd love to go to some private shooting area :D It's much more fun to blow up old computer parts, water jugs, and watermelons than shoot paper targets :)

Some tannerite would be cool. If you've never heard of it, look it up. Fun stuff.

anyone that has a firearm on this site and doesnt know what tannerite is should promptly gift over their weapon to me :D