Fuel Economy

C-bus

While searching for my next bike, I'm finding it difficult to find good data about the fuel economy. Not important to some, but it is to me as I would have difficulty justifying a jump to a less efficient bike. Without embellishments, what kind of mileage do you get? I'd like to start a reference thread here.

Current bike:

2009 Yamaha FZ6 44-51 MPG

Previous bikes:

2000 Harley 883 42-46 MPG

2002 Honda Nighthawk 250 64-70 MPG

While searching for my next bike, I'm finding it difficult to find good data about the fuel economy. Not important to some, but it is to me as I would have difficulty justifying a jump to a less efficient bike. Without embellishments, what kind of mileage do you get? I'd like to start a reference thread here.

Current bike:

2009 Yamaha FZ6 44-51 MPG

Previous bikes:

2000 Harley 883 42-46 MPG

2002 Honda Nighthawk 250 64-70 MPG

Depends on how I ride 30 to 45..there is no average for my bike..lol

My ZX14 gets on avg about 36, but it's geared up a couple teefers and I play once in a while.......but the on board "current mileage" calculator reads as high as 48mpg in 6th @ 75mph on 89 octane pump gas.

I could probably manage to get 80mpg's out of her if I swapped the 45 rear with a 35 tooth ;)