What do you think about the Honda 450X and the...

OhioBob

Hi, I am on the hunt to figure out what bike is a good base for urban assault fun. The Honda CRF450X or the Yamaha WR450F.

Would these be great bikes to start my supermoto conversion with? Or would you recommend something else? Reason I am thinking of these two bikes is the weight...I know a CR450R or a YZ450F would be a blast because they are extremely light.

Just wondering what you think.

Thanks in advance.

OhioBob

Just curious. I have heard stay away from the true motocross bikes to convert to sm, because of the high maintenance and the extra time/money to convert it to steet legal status.

Just curious, how much of a hassle would it be to convert say the CRF450R or YZ450F or KX450F to sm status for the street hooligan in me?

Thanks again.

It wasnt bad I street mine most of the time. Changed the gearing. I put a stator in it from trail tech that fried in an hour. So I need to make a dead loss battery system. I change my oil every couple hours and just go. valves have been fine so far. I run my gps or phone for my speedo.

IMG_20110521_191938-1.jpg

SunFeb07113315AmericaNew_York2010.jpg

Would you need a stator, if you just kick started it and used a battery for lights and turn signals? I mean, yeah the battery wouldn't get charged, but you could do that on a trickle charger while it sits in the garage over night, right?

Just trying to understand the process of converting dirt to street (sm).

Yours looks awesome...love it.

Thanks.

Would you need a stator, if you just kick started it and used a battery for lights and turn signals? I mean, yeah the battery wouldn't get charged, but you could do that on a trickle charger while it sits in the garage over night, right?

Just trying to understand the process of converting dirt to street (sm).

Yours looks awesome...love it.

Thanks.

Thats what I mean by a dead loss system. I wanna put head lights and tail light on a toggle switch while the brake light would have consent power (but only light up when brake is applied). Ohio is easy to get any bike plated. My dirty bike just happened to have and actual motorcycle title :)