Front tire advice?

NinjaDoc

So yesterday I found out my tires are loosing pressure, not sure why, and also because I just mostly ride the straight roads around here it's squared out as well. Hence am thinking may be it's time for fresh one, now size 120/70 zr17 I give priority to safety (like better grip) than mileage, I am weak at corners and hence some thing that gives more confidence, now which one do u guys recommend ? Are these info enuff, I am tech nooby hence asking simple questions :)

thx for the quick response guys

this is the first time i checked after getting the bike about 2 months back :( and now i check it every 12 hours to see if its loosing pressure :)

now my back tire looks like holding pressure and i am thinking only to buy front one, its not advisable to do that? do i have to change both together always?

i saw a pirelli corsa on sale? any good for street rides?

I'm running the Avon Storm 2 Ultra right now and have around 3-4k on them so far they are great I came home from Sturgis and hit in a freaking monsoon 20 miles from home averaged 55-60mph the road was covered in water so deep I kept feeling it hit my boots and they never once slipped. The pirelli angels cupped pretty bad front and rear I got 8k out of them and they probably had another 2-4k left but I changed them out due to the cupping. They also had great grip wet and dry.

Edited by conn-e-rot

I would say to just change them both out at the same time. I am running the conti motions on my triple and like them alot good grip wet/dry and they seem to be lasting better then my pilot powers they replaced. And the up side is they are cheap to buy and have Paul install.

If you want grip go Q2's but since your not cornering hard yet and mostly ride straight roads get a sport touring tire mentioned above. If you flatten out your Q2's then it wont matter how much grip they can provide and it will be unsafe anyways. The sport touring tires will give you plenty of grip and last you till your more experienced. Check your valve stems if you losing pressure???

pilot pure race slicks medium compound should stick well enough for street riding for a newb. :nono:

Even BT003's are probably more tire than he should need on the street.

Maybe Q2's are overkill as well. They're just so inexpensive (relative to other street/track tires) that I hesitate a little less to recommend them.

the Conti Motions seem like a great option with lots of positive first-hand reviews from people on this site though.

OP - before you replace a front tire due to losing pressures, inspect your rim to make sure that's not the problem. If you've got a dinged rim, a new tire might not solve the problem. Rim repair is pretty inexpensive. If not for shipping, it would be down-right cheap.

I never thought I would say this, but the sport touring tires available today, from just about all the big motorcycle tire manufacturers, are truly good tires for the street, wet grip, mileage, smoothness & plenty aggressive for spirited rides...I've been sold!:D

I like Michelin's so PR2's work for me, then again the S3 might see a Metzeler Roadtec Z8 Interact real soon for the rear.

• Upvote 1

I did 5 trackdays on Bridgestone BT-45's.

the second day, it rained all morning. I dragged my knee for the first time that afternoon. the track was dry by then, but the point is that sport touring tires are usually more capable than street conditions allow, and even do pretty well on the track.

I imagine they would do even better during aggressive street riding, where there's more variety of turns, and more time for the tires to cool off between aggressively twisty sections of road.

• Upvote 1

as always conne, u post it, i buy it and there goes the last of this months salary,

who said having a bike is green & economical :) except for being a kawi till now nothing was green about it, but then again cant complain, the community & fun is priceless