Lookin for your opinions

Hugo750katana

Well buells are great bikes but don't limit yourself. There are plenty of bikes that deliver that low end grunt you thirst for, some at a much lower initial price and maintenance cost than a buell. Keep in mind that the hd mills are 1940 technology at 2011 prices, there are fare better ways to make power than a long-throw, narrow bore pushrod operated 2 valve head motor. Yes the heads flow better and the internals are tougher than a sportster, but its still an out-dated design. If you want to get away from the cookie cutter inline 4 rice rocket there are several directions you can take. Honda made a shit ton of VFR bikes, they are a pain to work on but make plenty of power. The b king and other naked street fighters are tuned to deliver more power in the low and mid ranges, then there are the liter class v-twins like the superhawk, blackbird, rc51, sv1000 etc that do a great job of pegging the ole butt dyno. The v-rod is also a blast to ride, does 85 in first gear! The triumph triples offer a great 'best of both worlds' between twins and fours, plenty of low end and plenty of balls past 7k. The 90's BMW 100 'k' bikes also kick ass and look nothing like a jap 4-banger. The cylinder bank is latest down right to left across the frame, they blow a bit of smoke on start up but that German engineering shows its teeth when you grip it and rip it. I guess you should consider exploring the world of motorcycles and riding all different styles of sport and muscle bike before you pidgeon hole yourself into a buell. My $.02, hope it helps.

oh im not dead set on the buells....i just like them for the looks and that they came from HD....ive looked at the triumph, b-king, Sv's and other v-twin liter bikes....thats y i put this thread of so i can get ppl's thoughts and comments to help me in the right direction when its time to buy another bike....