Dream Big group ride: can it be real? State Wide?

NinjaDoc

No biggie man. Social mediums like this are lacking when sarcasm is used...lol. So....

I know everyone is invited, just pokin atcha man

No need changing anything. If you want to require or desire that riders wear protective gear, its your gig.

The other thing would be the distance.....partaking would mean an 11 hr ride day, not counting stops. That's a pretty long day in the saddle for me and the missus....

Do it, have fun, and don't look back! :cool:

:D ah, alrighty then. And its not my gig, its all of ours (cliche) seriously, i am just trying just like every one else is trying now to make this happen. And as always some experienced riders will be managing the ride once every thing is in place.

@mike: keeping aside my good music and ideas for this video, might even borrow, buy or steal some hd cam for off the bike shooting :rolleyes:

@conne: bring one bring all :) riders in this forum? names? so i can add to list to make it look bigger and cooler ;)

@inyaazz: ah we are kind of heading to sep sunday 25 now, the huge-group is prolly only during meet up, midway break, and then end. the rest of the time it will be the individual group of say about 8 riders each with seperate lead and sweep. with about 10 min lead time between groups. I remember you guys saying about the mess of one huge group. hopefully split up and micro manage works easy while on road.

Well remember Doc, a concerted effort like this really needs a leader, someone who makes decisions to make the ride work out best for everyone, at least that's what I have discovered. We have run lines of 50 pairs riding side by side and managed to keep everyone together. The ride captain upfront, another man bringing up the rear with a man or two in the middle all being able to communicate with each other so if someone breaks down, or straggles, if there is a malady along the way, well you get the picture. Sounds like you all are going to be running strong though, more likely knees to the ground, and ours were more relaxed and steady, no hurry, just enjoying the ride and the scenery.

Different strokes...

:D ah, alrighty then. And its not my gig, its all of ours (cliche) seriously, i am just trying just like every one else is trying now to make this happen. And as always some experienced riders will be managing the ride once every thing is in place.

@mike: keeping aside my good music and ideas for this video, might even borrow, buy or steal some hd cam for off the bike shooting :rolleyes:

@conne: bring one bring all :) riders in this forum? names? so i can add to list to make it look bigger and cooler ;)

@inyaazz: ah we are kind of heading to sep sunday 25 now, the huge-group is prolly only during meet up, midway break, and then end. the rest of the time it will be the individual group of say about 8 riders each with seperate lead and sweep. with about 10 min lead time between groups. I remember you guys saying about the mess of one huge group. hopefully split up and micro manage works easy while on road.

They are not from the forum

I'm in. Should be a good time. Keep it in small groups with lots of space and a good pace.

call in any local riding friends if you have any as well

Regarding stops, i guess its ideal if all come to meeting point, that will help us divide between the small groups and always prevent the hassle of missing out the riders (like last time we missed gearman)

plus the more riders in the meet up the more epic the video, pics... meet and greet kinda thingy is like, ...since as per our current plan only at the meet up and end will the whole group assemble.

call in any local riding friends if you have any as well

Regarding stops, i guess its ideal if all come to meeting point, that will help us divide between the small groups and always prevent the hassle of missing out the riders (like last time we missed gearman)

plus the more riders in the meet up the more epic the video, pics... meet and greet kinda thingy is like, ...since as per our current plan only at the meet up and end will the whole group assemble.

Most of my riding buddies wouldn't be able to keep up, I think. I'll just keep this one to myself.

You faukers are going to the gap again, aren't you!?

were here now :D But unfortunately leaving in the morning.

Sundays in the fall are no good for me as I host Browns Sunday Funday which has grown into a rather large party.

I absolutely can't stand gravel, tar snakes and shitty road conditions so most Ohio roads piss me off and make not want to ride. Coming down here has completely spoiled me and ruined Ohio :o

Ac2b, You are 100 % welcome and would be nice to meet the rest of the gang, hey aetsh do come out for this one alright, don't say routes too big, this would be the perfect place for you to use your new cam :) (routes in first post itself, small link hard to see)

Doc you did a pretty good job of making the route since you have not been on most of the roads. The start of it down 800 is boring but other wise not to bad. AC2B if you want to meet up we could ride down together I am in berea.

That sounds good to me. I'll shoot you a PM closer to the ride date.