Dream Big group ride: can it be real? State Wide?

NinjaDoc

Actually, I could always use some practice to flush out some demons that seemed to creep up the past couple months.. Paul, you should setup an clinic ride.

This would be cool. I'm sure I make plenty of mistakes that I would never know unless someone points them out. Most of the time I'm alone so I just do my thing. Even though it very well could be the wrong thing.

A OR open riding clinic at Nelson would be cool. But I'm poor and probably couldn't afford it. But I'll try to save up.

I thought your pace was good' date=' Mike. Any faster and we might have run into trouble. I didn't get bored, and I didn't shit my pants in a corner. I call that a good pace. You could have gone a little faster through Barnesville, though. :facepalm::[/quote']

agreed, I was super pleased with the pace since I wasn't getting left in the dust

I will work on the video with what ever footage i have, all pretty random one, not even one good loop of all the bikes together, it was too much confusion towards the time of 10:30,

Speedtriple you forgot your t shirt, Plus some others who didnt show up, how am i going to get it to you guys.? for the neo section we can meet at a common spot for this.. for others pm me or something , i am coming to columbus on 13, 14 of this month we can meet there if some of you are from there? .

clinic ride , me want me want...

i used to brake a lot until uncle punk saw it and beat me up for doing that, since that i never used it. (except a sharp left turn at the end of a steep slope, which i always trouble approaching for some reason)

Yesterday i saw Acsb use brake all the time and i passed on this info to him as well.

Still need to learn a lot and this kind of clinic ride if any of you pros set up would be nice.

Armith you are one of the smoothest rider out there, you dont have demons, i was hoping you would be there as substitute leader if needed, oh well.

I'm glad you passed along the tip doc! I always try to do all my braking before the turn, but was running in too high a gear to really take advantage of any engine braking like I could have. Things smoothed considerably once I dropped it down a gear.

Ninja edit: I would be SO down for an OR day at Nelson. I'll start eating ramen tonight if I need to haha

is it possible to have instructional ride on the normal route itself rather than a racetrack? i mean at every gas station or something the pros can help us out and then mix up the lead sweep etc so as to get the opportunity to follow every one. Nelson would be fine if its just us folks there, and bit worried about the monies as lost1888 said.

I chased a guy up/down the dragon that was on a GS500F. I was riding my ass off just to pace him. He was smooth as silk on that bike. One ride down and back and I was completely shagged. I had to lie down on a park bench for about 10 minutes. Keep in mind' date=' my bike has ~$4,000 worth of suspension on it and he just made me look like a fool. LoL... It was a lot of fun.

Don't let the lower power trick you. The longer you ride it through the more technical roads, the better a rider you will become.

Smooth is key...

[/quote']

That's what I'm after! Sneaky fast haha

I am too scared to lean the bike, and i use all my body weight to do it for me, i am throwing it from side to side.. and danballa also mentioned it that i would be tired and beat up .. and thats exactly what happened.. so tiring.. wanted to get some tip from him .. but it was too hectic

A smaller group is better' date=' Doc. You just can't really focus when the numbers get too high.

I like the track idea, but if that's the case.. just take a novice class with Motoseries. They'll have a better understanding of what you need to learn. Ask for Jbot... he's ballersauce! (and a nice looking man, if I do say so myself)[/quote']

sure smaller group is better for this, as long as you guys include me :lol:

as far as i seen, may be me, ac2b and josh needs some insight, rest of them have been riding for a while.

is it possible to have instructional ride on the normal route itself rather than a racetrack? i mean at every gas station or something the pros can help us out and then mix up the lead sweep etc so as to get the opportunity to follow every one. Nelson would be fine if its just us folks there, and bit worried about the monies as lost1888 said.

This is probably worth another thread. You can do this on the street, but the group size would need to be controlled. From my perspective, 2 seasoned riders (lead and sweep) could probably handle 4 riders.

Instruction could be iterative, adding new elements of technique as the ride goes on.

--Line of sight

--Head and shoulder position

--Counter steering

--etc.

Pauly was definitely braking more on the ride home than you were on the way down, but the route wasn't identical either. So, I'd call it a wash.

Personally, I find myself riding more like Pauly's riding style than yours. But regardless, all braking (front/rear/engine or otherwise) should be done prior to entering the turn on the street. I caught myself kissing the rear brakes midturn to keep from running up on you Mike, but that was my fault for not leaving enough space.

I'm sure your engine braking isn't the same as mine and there's a lot of variation there going into and out of the turns.

You been riding for awhile doc just not on twisty ohio roads.

true, i been riding for 15 yrs in a completely different condition and thats sort of carved into my muscle memory, i have to loose all that and learn all the new tricks. I am always anticipating the worst possible scenario and make prepration for that and that how we survive in indian chaos. and here also doing the same is putting all sort of fear in me.

(after he gets a set of tires' date=' though... :eek:)[/quote']

you and tires, i swear ::nono:

but seriously, you wouldn't believe the difference a nice set of new tires makes. Truly confidence inspiring, at least in my experience

You were behind me most of the ride Justin. how much did I break? I think that most new riders ride the brakes to much.

so true on using too much brake. Last year I use way way too much brake into and through corners its amazing I didn't lose it. Engine braking has become my friend! Picking the right gear means a ton of difference

This is probably worth another thread. You can do this on the street, but the group size would need to be controlled. From my perspective, 2 seasoned riders (lead and sweep) could probably handle 4 riders.

Instruction could be iterative, adding new elements of technique as the ride goes on.

--Line of sight

--Head and shoulder position

--Counter steering

--etc.

am ready for it, i am thinking the group will be naturally be controlled since, no body wants to ride clinic i guess. will record the thing with the instruction you guys give, mount the camera on the sweeper pros bike, and let the novice be ahead of him so we can play back and learn stuff.