*Sigh* This will my make my insurance rates go thru the roof on the new bike!

Josh1234

i think acces: and road side assistance came free with the other options i selected, I still dont know what exactly does what, just clicked and rolled and got the quote :( just another way the 2 wheeled monster is killing me softly :D

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your paying how much!?!?! I'm 21 and just started riding this year and pay $252 a year for my '04 Triumph Daytona 600. Granted this is not the best plan gieco has but its pretty good.

I'm not really paying that much :p It's the wrong bike I tell ya! And, um, I'm REALLY hoping the rate drops when they get the bikes switched... I'm screwed if not.

I hear you. But, I still would bend over Flo. :D

+1!

Josh' date=' you gots insane points, or sumptin? That rate is banananananananas. I pay $379/year to cover both Ducs and the scoot. (fool's coverage, btw)[/quote']

One car speeding ticket like 2 weeks ago... 75 in a 60. Other than that, nothing for at least 3 years. And I'm 32!

I'm hoping the rate is because it's a supersport..... I might be doing some shopping if it stays that high. Sucky thing is that I have condo homeowners, auto, and motorcycle all through farmers.

You may also want to check into Pekin Insurance Co. - it's a fairly new company that my agent just picked up and it saved us quite a bit over the course of a year.

Of course we have the major multi-policy discount for covering our home, both vehicles, and both bikes........and remember that your age/MVR/marital status will all play a part in your bike premiums too

Vehicle Insurance: $1083

Total annual premium: $1083

Additional premium Resulting From This Change: $744

Apparently Blasts are cheaper to insure than R6's ;)

that's about right for FULL coverage. if you don't really need it go with liability I pay $100 a year for progressive. progressive just wants to know the CC's of the engine

I hear you. But, I still would bend over Flo. :D

She's dead to me now that she's pushing those Big Brother SuperSpy monitoring devices...

Another data point, 41, no tickets in at least the last 5 years, full coverage for the VFR thru Progressive is $200/yr.

Hundred bucks more a year for about twice the power isn't bad, though!!

when i bought the XX, i was quoted $2,995.00 per year...

I paid $5,500 for the bike in the first place....

needless to say I've been running liability only since then (figuring i could buy a new bike in under 2 years vs. paying insurance)

my insurance is $8/month

She's dead to me now that she's pushing those Big Brother SuperSpy monitoring devices...

Another data point, 41, no tickets in at least the last 5 years, full coverage for the VFR thru Progressive is $200/yr.

Hundred bucks more a year for about twice the power isn't bad, though!!

That's got nothing to do with her hole, just sayin'. ;)

SRSLY? I paid even less when I had Gemma on the policy. You folks are paying out the nose for insurance. :eek:

you'd be surprised to know how much where you live has to play in your rates. oddly my rates went up when I moved to a nicer area of town with a garage. I figure it would go down but it went up $60 a year.

and now your credit score can raise or lower your rates.

I don't want or need full coverage so I pay just under $100 a year

What do you mean, "and now"... credit score has been the major rating factor for the big carriers for the last decade or more.

Anyway, this is the first year I haven't been able to drop my MC down to min limits for the winter :( stupid liens

Doc why are you carrying $3000 in accessory coverage? I know it's cheap but if you don't have that much in accessories your wasting money.

Comp coverage at Progressive automatically carries up to $3,000 in accessory coverage. Some other carriers do as well but I haven't worked at the others.

well its better than state farm or all state who quoted me over a grand a year for the same coverage I have with gieco. I have a speeding ticket and I'm only 21 so I don't expect it to go much lower than that for at least a few years. I was actually paying $450 a year for my Ninja 250 with state farm! They were raping me, I was paying $150 a month for my car WITH a good student discount, good driver discount and 5 year no accident discount, went to gieco and my rate dropped to $90 a month with almost twice the coverage I had at state farm.

Edited by JStump

Whoops my bad I pay $269.88 per year on Allstate Gold Plan

Bodily Injury $100,000 each person

$300,000 each accident

(Passenger Liability Coverage is included)

Property Damage $100,000

Motorcycle Medical Payments $1,000 each accident

Motorcycle Collision Insurance Actual Cash Value $500

(Safe Driving Deductible Reward deductible reduction amount available is $100 )

Motorcycle Comprehensive Insurance Actual Cash Value $500

Optional or Added Equipment $1,000 Included

Towing and Labor Costs Coverage $50

Total Premium for 07 Kawasaki Zx 1400A $194.89

Additional Coverage

The following policy coverage is also provided.

COVERAGE LIMITS DEDUCTIBLE PREMIUM

Uninsured Motorists Insurance $74.99

Bodily Injury $100,000 each person

(Includes Underinsured $300,000 each accident

Motorists Protection)

TOTAL $74.99

DISCOUNTS Your premium for this vehicle reflects the following discounts:

Multiple Policy

Safety Course Discount

Organization

Good Rider

Transfer

Allstate Easy Pay Plan

Early Signing

RATING INFORMATION

This vehicle is a motorcycle with engine displacement of 1352 cubic centimeters

I no my bike isnt a newer power house like most ppl on here but i only pay $148 a year thru Progressive. and i have similiar coverage as listed above.

Not sure what's going on there, I never paid over $320 a year with state farm and I had a 600 Sportbike since I was 21

Note sure, I was on my parents plan at that time and my brother has wrecked 2 cars since he turned 16 in 2008 so that may have had something to do with it. I think they base rates on the whole policy not individual drivers.

I no my bike isnt a newer power house like most ppl on here but i only pay $148 a year thru Progressive. and i have similiar coverage as listed above.

Progressive told me it'd be $3200 per year when I bought my bike so I switched to geico and was paying $46 a month now I pay $23 and change per month with allstate

Apparently foremost doesn't differentiate between a YZF600R and a YZF-R6. I was told instead of listing as a YZF-R6 it'll now be listed as YZF-600-R and the rate is exactly the same.

Time to shop around.

It seems rates will vary wildly between different carriers. This is true for home and auto insurance also.

I'm sure you can get much better, especially if you do liability only. I figure one the value of my vehicle drops much below $5k it doesn't take much damage to total it. And if they total a low value vehicle then you don't get much funds to replace it either. :(

Plus I can live without my motorcycle for a while if I have to save up to replace it. Just my reasoning.

Craig

I went from an 06 YZF600R to an 08 R6S and my rate went down $10 per month with allstate.. I switched providers and saved another $20 permonth, but I think part of that was due to my move away from the inner city.

And to everyone complaining.. I was quoted 1300/month from both geico and progressive for full coverage on my YZF600R. thats $1,300.00, as in over 15 THOUSAND per year. Idiots.

I still pay almost 1000 per year for full coverage, but im young, only a couple years experience, and I have one ticket

Full coverage is a rip unless your bike is worth more than $5k...and you guys that have liability only, I would add comp to it(think it added $30 a year to mine), it not much more and it adds theft,flood,vandy,act of nature, and animal impacts. I was told it even covers if the wind blows it over and hail

Full coverage is a rip unless your bike is worth more than $5k...and you guys that have liability only, I would add comp to it(think it added $30 a year to mine), it not much more and it adds theft,flood,vandy,act of nature, and animal impacts. I was told it even covers if the wind blows it over and hail

When you finance part of your bike, it doesnt leave you many options.

Vehicle Insurance: $1083

Total annual premium: $1083

Additional premium Resulting From This Change: $744

Apparently Blasts are cheaper to insure than R6's ;)

Jeebus! For a Blast...

Damn man!

2010 I insured the VTX1300C nighthawk Katana & XR for 323.00

2011 I insured the XR and Superhawk for 221.00

WOW!