Ghost? You tell me

buildit

So last night me and some friends did a Halloween ride out to San Toy, a ghost town out near New Straightsville area. Well, I took some shots with my new Sony camera as we scouted the "ghost town". All the other shots are 100% fine but this one with the old jail in it has this weird over exposer looking thing on the left side. Did I catch the edge of a ghost?:eek: Spooky!

SANTOYGhost.jpg

See this shot is fine

Santoygroup2.jpg

Edited by buildit

Not sure but I was told it was the Jail in the photo. Hey, it's Halloween! Got to put some haunted stuff out there. Never made it to Moonville or the other place yet. Normally I'm not a big one for haunted stuff.

A digital photo scans from side to side and maybe from top to bottom.

If the camera was cold, it might have goofed at the start of each scan from left to right.

If it was top to bottom, it was working at first, and started to goof as it went down.

If it was bottom to top, it got better as it was scanning.

It's a complete white out with no detail. Looks like it scanned a null signal for those pixels.

Hope it doesn't do that again, it really is unusual.

I never did believe in the Easter Bunny...rabbits don't even lay eggs...but I most definitely believe in Santa Claus! If not him, who brings you your Christmas presents??

Lol...I've noticed that when most admit they do not believe in S.C., that's when they stop getting gifts. I'm not saying a word. ;)

So last night me and some friends did a Halloween ride out to San Toy, a ghost town out near New Straightsville area. Well, I took some shots with my new Sony camera as we scouted the "ghost town". All the other shots are 100% fine but this one with the old jail in it has this weird over exposer looking thing on the left side. Did I catch the edge of a ghost?:eek: Spooky!

SANTOYGhost.jpg

See this shot is fine

Santoygroup2.jpg

Make sure you tell that ghost to vote NO on issue 2. :D I do believe in ghosts, and do some amateur hunting from time to time. I've got some good EVP's, you should hear.

I had something simular happen in hocking hills. I was told that sometimes with film the film itself can cause some strange things. This I am guessing is digital. I do not believe in gost so I go the reasonable route of could of been a million other things.

As for the ghost I am not sure of your picture but me and about 6 other people saw the same "thing" at moonville tunnel one night so I believe in ghosts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moonville,_Ohio

Did you guys camp down there? Pretty cool place I do say. Been there a couple of times now and always thought it would be a pretty spooky place to camp once you read up on the stories.

I had something simular happen in hocking hills. I was told that sometimes with film the film itself can cause some strange things. This I am guessing is digital. I do not believe in gost so I go the reasonable route of could of been a million other things.

I guess that's the thing about Ghosts. They are always in that gray area between real and fantasy, tangible and intangible. Occam's razor becomes a hammer to beat the facts to what you want to believe or don't want to believe.

SANTOYGhost.jpg

If you open the original image in paint etc then do all the pixels in the white area have the same RBG value of 0xFFFFFF? The indicates null values from the CCD sensor.

I will exclude the possibility of light overloaded on the vertical CCD sensor strips (or what ever the technical term is) because in that cae all CCD pixels UNDER a bright spot (like the sun) would be nulled out. The pic below is an example of a bright spot nulling pixels below it.

sunglare.jpg

Was the flash used? Was the camera near a tree? I'm going to suggest maybe the flash lit up an object right next to the lens (strap? Was the camera rested on a branch? Finger of a glove?)

If you open the original image in paint etc then do all the pixels in the white area have the same RBG value of 0xFFFFFF? The indicates null values from the CCD sensor.

I will exclude the possibility of light overloaded on the vertical CCD sensor strips (or what ever the technical term is) because in that cae all CCD pixels UNDER a bright spot (like the sun) would be nulled out. The pic below is an example of a bright spot nulling pixels below it.

sunglare.jpg

Was the flash used? Was the camera near a tree? I'm going to suggest maybe the flash lit up an object right next to the lens (strap? Was the camera rested on a branch? Finger of a glove?)

No flash used and you can see the area in the 1st photo in the second photo posted earlier.

Not sure how to do what you ask with the origional. But if you want to PM me your e-mail I'll send it to you to investigate it.:)