KSG's are in! And I lost all respect for Woodbury Outfitters

MidgetTodd

They just cemented on my post and said nobody paid up front.

That's bullshit.

Correct. Business agreements are based on honesty and intent. Or should be, anyway. Even if it's a simple verbal agreement and/or handshake. Civil courts take business transactions seriously, and I wouldn't be surprised if this is illegal behavior. Certainly bad behavior.

There are also specific laws against price gouging due to limited availability, or even perceived limited availability of product. Might as well just drop an email on the state attorney generals office.

That was a real prick move on the store's part.

Since you sound like a former loyal customer, if you were first on the list, they should have offered it to you at the original price. Then, just tell your friends where you got it from.

I have been looking for a Kel-tec PRM-30. The only one I see for sale are 2 to 3 times list. I dont want one that bad. I figure since there is a market for a .22 magnum 30 round pistol, maybe the other manufactures will design one to fill in the void created by Kel-tec's production delay.

U should Call keltec corporate. Msrp is msrp. Most brands you can't go under map pricing it might be a breach of their contract as a dealer going over keltecs msrp. You might get your way or at least get them in trouble maybe. Explain the dealer turned you away from keltec.be pissed, Make it keltecs fault then they might go after the dealer. ?

Edited by Gump

U should Call keltec corporate. Msrp is msrp. Most brands you can't go under map pricing it might be a breach of their contract as a dealer going over keltecs msrp. You might get your way or at least get them in trouble maybe. Explain the dealer turned you away from keltec.be pissed, Make it keltecs fault then they might go after the dealer. ?

I know you know more about this stuff than I do, but MSRP is only the suggested retail price? So you say there is a good chance there is a contract between manufactures and retailers as far as the prices get set?

Maybe. Gouging policy? I've never seen anything advertised above msrp or list price. Map is manufacturers advertised price. I know in ecommerce often you can't price something on the web below that. Sites get around it by saying click here to see special price or add to cart to see your price. In my line of work if I sold some items above list price I'd loose customers and jeopardize my suppliers relationship with customer s if they figured it out and maybe loose my availability to sell that suppliers products. Not sure in the gun world what's acceptable but if I was Keltec, I'd be pissed. Worth a phone call.

Edited by Gump
  • Upvote 1

Maybe. Gouging policy? Map is manufacturers advertised price. I know in ecommerce often you can't price something on the web below that. Sites get around it by saying click here to see special price or add to cart to see your price. In my line of work if I sold some items above list price I'd loose customers and jeopardize my suppliers relationship with customer s if they figured it out and maybe loose my availability to sell that suppliers products. Not sure in the gun world what's acceptable but if I was Keltec, I'd be pissed. Worth a phone call.

Interesting point. I'm sure kel -tec would have wanted to keep that extra $2k for themselves had they intended to charge so much.

Nice Todd I see the like is on their Facebook page. Now maybe if they realize we have over 5000 members that might realize their decision to fuck us will effect them greatly.

And they could visit here to see that a large portion of the near 6000 members are gun totin' hillbillys! (Or are into guns, anyway!)