KSG's are in! And I lost all respect for Woodbury Outfitters

MidgetTodd

Hum. Wilmer runs the show for sure. One of the counter people there also said he owns it. Mabey they were being sarcastic since he is in charge of everything.

Perhaps he's the Senior VP of Price Setting and List Keeping.

Some thoughts:

I've dealt with Woodbury before, very satisfied with the price I paid and the entire buying process - clerks were good, courteous, item arrived on time, etc., all good.

Woodbury appears to be a prosperous enterprise, so the people running it can't be all that dumb.

That being said, I can't imagine that either the General Manager and/or the owner of Woodbury has not seen/heard the shitstorm that's going on and has not stepped up to correct the situation, i.e. offered to sell the KSG to Todd at the verbally agreed upon price.

To lose multiple long time customers for, let's say $1,500.00 is a bad business decision, plain and simple.

I personally have 4 or 5 items on my "need/want in the coming year" list, and although I wasn't necessarily going to go through Woodbury, I definitely will not patronize them now, unless they make it right with Todd and the others that were on the list.

I have recommended Woodbury to 5 of my personal friends that are into firearms and/or archery, and to the 35 or so that are in our shooting club at work (a company with about 2,500 local (central Ohio) employees). I told my 5 personal friends about this Saturday night at our NYE gathering, and the 35 in the shooting club will be receiving an e-mail tomorrow morning detailing what has happened.

The company I work for has a published Philosophy, 23 points in all, that's been studied in business schools worldwide, books have been written about it, and is at the core of any decision made. Here are a couple of items from that philosophy that directly relate to this:

===========

Our Golden Rule

- We treat our customers, employees, investors, and suppliers as we would like to be treated.

Customers

- Without the customer and their need for our products and services we have nothing.

- We will exert every effort to see that the customer's quality and service requirements are met.

- Once a commitment is made to a customer, every effort is made to fulfill that obligation.

===========

My company is a multi-billion dollar company with a record of 177 quarters in a row of paying a dividend to investors - every single quarter since becoming a public company nearly 42 years ago. Maybe we're doing something right when putting customers first?

Edited by jblosser
speling, gramar eror's
  • Upvote 2

I think youve been had spammer. You come on here with timing that coincides with the frustration with Woodbury. You admit to joining because of the posts on their page. Then you get caught using the avatar of a bike that is for sale in Oklahoma.

congrats, YOU ARE THE WEAKEST LINK!!

This is none of my buisness but click the link and the truth shall set you free.

http://www.automobilebestbuys.com/cycle/view_cycle_details.php?RID=1680

• Upvote 1

I think youve been had spammer. You come on here with timing that coincides with the frustration with Woodbury. You admit to joining because of the posts on their page. Then you get caught using the avatar of a bike that is for sale in Oklahoma.

congrats, YOU ARE THE WEAKEST LINK!!

Nice find, Aa, er, Flounder. :D

+rep