Up for discussion: noob track day

undr_psi

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only been riding a season and a half so I still consider myself a noob rider so I'm up for a day. I did a half of a track day last season (crashed in the middle of it :() but I really want to get out there again. I'll be at as many as time/money allows so just name a day and we can all try to post up in the same staging area.

I think what the OP is asking is if someone wanted to put together a track day specific to new riders at the track? Meaning, a full day for novice level riders.

In that regard, the cost is pretty high to use just a single group and quite honestly, you aren't going to be able to ride a complete full day even with breaks. Your body will wear out before the day is over.

SOOOOOO, my thought is to get the guys from Mid-Ohio, MotoSeries or STT on the phone since they support the site and see if they would cater to a group of first time track day riders and maybe get you a discount.

Now, you'd have to have a group of several novice level riders join in. Most clubs do not go over 40 riders per group and I would suggest trying to get together as many guys/gals as you could before presenting your idea to whatever organization you feel is best to you.

For example, if you went to an org and stated you have 15 guys/gals coming and could you possibly get a discount as they are all new track day riders wanting to take the novice group and classroom sessions. That will be more effective than anything.

I think what the OP is asking is if someone wanted to put together a track day specific to new riders at the track? Meaning, a full day for novice level riders.

In that regard, the cost is pretty high to use just a single group and quite honestly, you aren't going to be able to ride a complete full day even with breaks. Your body will wear out before the day is over.

SOOOOOO, my thought is to get the guys from Mid-Ohio, MotoSeries or STT on the phone since they support the site and see if they would cater to a group of first time track day riders and maybe get you a discount.

Now, you'd have to have a group of several novice level riders join in. Most clubs do not go over 40 riders per group and I would suggest trying to get together as many guys/gals as you could before presenting your idea to whatever organization you feel is best to you.

For example, if you went to an org and stated you have 15 guys/gals coming and could you possibly get a discount as they are all new track day riders wanting to take the novice group and classroom sessions. That will be more effective than anything.

yea from what I've read here in the past, its exactly why I suggested just having people all go to the same one instead of trying to have our own. Just seems too difficult and costly and honestly why go through that much work when we already have several ORGs to work with

I do like your idea though of getting a group together and seeing if they will do a group newb discount, never would of thought of that!