CrazyThoughts! (What would you do?)

rslocum

Always liked the Ducati's and seeing the 1199 Poontangnaly today doesn't make choices any easier. That bike is Re-Tart-Ed!

Anyways i'm looking for thoughts on what people would do. I've definetly have the track bug and I probably did just as many track days as I rode on the street this year. So I have a CBR 1000rr that I have been tracking and I probably have another year before i get the itch to participate in the races but is probably in my best interest to get a 600 but I still will want a street bike. But not sure having a $20,000 street bike for occasional street use is practical. I could easily sell my liter bike and get something comparable for the track and have the DUC also or save my liter bike for the street and buy a new R6 or equivalent for the track.

What would you do?

I had a 1098 street bike 2 years ago.. It wasn't worth it. I sold it, bought a ducati hypermotard and bought a track 600.. If I were u I'd get a solid trackbike, and then a streetbike that can serve many purposes.. Its not worth it to have a liter sportbike for the street.. POINTLESS!!

I had a 1098 street bike 2 years ago.. It wasn't worth it. I sold it, bought a ducati hypermotard and bought a track 600.. If I were u I'd get a solid trackbike, and then a streetbike that can serve many purposes.. Its not worth it to have a liter sportbike for the street.. POINTLESS!!

Do you still have the motard? How about a ducati streetfighter, speed triple or equivalent. Sell my 1000rr and get a 600?

Do you still have the motard? How about a ducati streetfighter, speed triple or equivalent. Sell my 1000rr and get a 600?

I actually sold the motard to buy an even better trackbike and put more money into the track thing. However I'm in the market for a used monster, hypermotard, or honda vfr.

I dunno.. I've had many friends learn the track on 1000's just fine.. If that's the bike u like u can track it.. But u can get a sweet built 600 for 5-6k all day and go just as fast..

I actually sold the motard to buy an even better trackbike and put more money into the track thing. However I'm in the market for a used monster, hypermotard, or honda vfr.

I dunno.. I've had many friends learn the track on 1000's just fine.. If that's the bike u like u can track it.. But u can get a sweet built 600 for 5-6k all day and go just as fast..

I'm learning just fine on the 1000 but i guess i would like something a little more nimble and novice group racing able. Its all subjective I guess. Any thoughts on a 600 that would accomdate 6'1" 250 lbs:D.

I'm learning just fine on the 1000 but i guess i would like something a little more nimble and novice group racing able. Its all subjective I guess. Any thoughts on a 600 that would accomdate 6'1" 250 lbs:D.

I honestly hate the "oh I'm to big" for a 600cc bike". Not saying that's what your saying. Ergonomics between a 600 and 1000 is mm in difference. If you fit on the Honda 1000rr the Honda 600 rr is no different. /rant sorry haven't had my meds today

Any thoughts on a 600 that would accomdate 6'1" 250 lbs:D.
Mykill is a tall big dude and he rocks a 600rr pretty darn well.

6'4" 235 and I havent felt too cramped. The biggest issue for me is tucking out of the wind but you should be ok.

Ya Mykill is still fast on his 600 with his stats. I've seen it lol. I learned on a 1K too, and wish I would've dropped to a 600 earlier. Im 6ft 205 so pretty average at best, but I also sold the street bike and really don't miss it at all.

If I were to buy a street bike now though most likely it's be a motard or similar. Doubt I'd go back to a true crotch rocket anymore. Maybe even a cruiser :(

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys looking forward to seeing everyone at the track.

Had a question about insurance? I assume it's still possible to get some minimum insurance to protect against fire, theft, etc. even know it will never be registered for the street. What do you guys do with your track only bikes? Thanks.

Edited by rslocum

Thanks guys looking forward to seeing everyone at the track.

Had a question about insurance? I assume it's still possible to get some minimum insurance to protect against fire, theft, etc. even know it will never be registered for the street. What do you guys do with your track only bikes? Thanks.

Would'nt homeowner's or renter's insurance cover that if it was at your home. Or if it was on a trailer would your auto insurace cover it. Would'nt hurt to ask your agent.

Man NICE, real nice!!!! From the looks, Id say its already set up?

I think 20th is right, I dont carry anything on my track bike because it's stored IN my garage so HOI covers it there, then it's in my trailer so Auto there. BUT I also don't have the title transfered to my name. Actually I might do that this weekend.

I still never would get insurance on a track bike personally unless it was like a 1098S, KTM RCB etc. I guess it depends what you paid and how you feel about stuff.

I'd wait for like Dubguy, Rusty, Brian, to comment as they have the baller track only bikes here. I just run a little old 06 GSXR 600 lol.