Let's compile a pre-ride checklist

Casper

, Well I fill the oil, top off the gas, make sure I have 6 quarts of oil in the saddle bags if going for more than hr, lights, tires, belt, phone, wallet, pistol, double check oil in saddle bags, hope the bike push starts, move bike to the driveway, throw oil dry down on garage floor, check the oil one more time, push start the bike, and go. :)

Shit almost forgot clean my sunglasses, put on flip, check do rag, and put on a clean Harley Davidson shirt, check oil, drink another 6 pack, and go.

Edited by crb
  • Upvote 1

fluid levels, tires, gear check, cash, route, weather, outstanding warrants, gps, bags(emergency supplies, rags, tire patches, bottle of scotch, universal tool kit, spare ID cards with cover id), lights, throw-away gun, and ensure the registration is good.

, Well I fill the oil, top off the gas, make sure I have 6 quarts of oil in the saddle bags if going for more than hr, lights, tires, belt, phone, wallet, pistol, double check oil in saddle bags, hope the bike push starts, move bike to the driveway, throw oil dry down on garage floor, check the oil one more time, push start the bike, and go. :)

Shit almost forgot clean my sunglasses, put on flip, check do rag, and put on a clean Harley Davidson shirt, check oil, drink another 6 pack, and go.

Harley guys.....:nono:

:lol:

• Upvote 1

Jacket, helmet, gauges, stereo, starter button, kickstand, shifter, clutch...

in that order...

now based on how many miles I've ridden, and how the bike feels while riding i will inspect the chain, the brakes, etc...

tires usually get checked once a week if riding a lot, chain gets lubed once a week or every 2 weeks depending on miles and weather.

I've gotten to know my bike very well over theast 40,000 miles, I can feel or hear pretty much anything going on with the bike before it becomes a MAJOR problem.

I make sure my back protector is on/zip up suit, start the bike, put my ear plugs in, helmet on, gloves on, recheck helmet, drop front stand, drop rear stand, head to start line/flag man.

I check PSI's after every session and make adjustments, fuel every 2 sessions, oil start of day and lunch, brakes every time I get on, same with clutch.

Jacket, helmet, gauges, stereo, starter button, kickstand, shifter, clutch...

in that order...

now based on how many miles I've ridden, and how the bike feels while riding i will inspect the chain, the brakes, etc...

tires usually get checked once a week if riding a lot, chain gets lubed once a week or every 2 weeks depending on miles and weather.

I've gotten to know my bike very well over theast 40,000 miles, I can feel or hear pretty much anything going on with the bike before it becomes a MAJOR problem.

Don't you practice some type of arm waving routine in case you race somebody?:)

yah... i'm generally in a hurry to go. and rolling the bike back and forth to slowly turn 90 degrees in my living room, and then squeeze it out the door generally gets my flop sweat all floppy and sweaty. so i just wanna get on and go.

but, when rolling down the sidewalk, i can hear the gas sloshing and gauge how much i got. oil has never been low, so i don't feel the need to check that except when i do my chain lube every other week ish. coolant always worries me at first glance when its cold, but after it's hot, it's up to par.

i never leave home without: jeans, boots, jacket, helmet, gloves, wallet, phone, and usually beat-stick.